Experiences

I believe America will always set the biggest example to the rest of the world
What do you think of the example Americans set?
2
|
Edited: 1 mth ago
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
What examples have we set?
AJarOfDirt · 18-21, M
[@644484,Lordhaha1] I think he deleted his old account and created this one just to block everyone who clashes with his views again. People like him just love to live in echo chambers where everyone thinks the same as them.

Then try to use their military service as a trump card as in saying, "You owe me for going into the military." That's low and disgusting.
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
[@607184,AJarOfDirt] True. Most guys who have served feel honored to serve and don’t need to thanked for their service. They definitely don’t feel the need to boast.

[@644484,Lordhaha1] I should have just talked to Trumps wall. 🙄
Lordhaha1 · 18-21, M
[@607184,AJarOfDirt] I remembered way back when I had Facebook I had a discussion with someone about gun control. I disagreed but saw their side. They stalked my profile and shared something with millions of other people saying along the lines ‘oh well you go to Penn State and work are GameStop, you really have your future planned ahead. You mean nothing.’ Turns out he was ex-military. Well I asked him kindly in a private message why he did that. He said if I messaged him again he’d beat my ass and he can because he was in the military and I should respect him and guns since it gave us freedom. I thank every military man/woman for their service. They do things I’d never have the courage and needless to say the balls to do. However, in some people’s eyes all it takes is for one person to impact an individual’s opinion on the whole. Like with cops right now. Not saying me, but one person does have an impact
kingkyri · 56-60, M
Above all it feeds their own feeling of pride, the rest of the world thinks slightly different about it. 😂
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
[@597698,wildbill83] well exploiting the market so no one else can profit is hardly honourable or powerful, more a lack of. If one feels the need to have power of then they couldn't have power in the first place. One with power doesn't need to prove it.
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
America has all the resources and abilities to nourish to whole world, that would make America great 👍
DesertGhost · 41-45, M
[@9972,JovialPlutonian] No. That just makes us SUCKERS.
DesertGhost · 41-45, M
The example we should continue setting is the one we have been until the two political extremes have recently tipped the entire system
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Fifty or so years from now, when America is done, it will be remembered as the worst thing that ever happened to this pitiful broken planet. That's some example.
wildbill83 · 31-35, M
Capitalism works, Standard/Imperial is better than metric, Armed societies can't be invaded, etc. 🤔
helenS · 31-35, F
[@597698,wildbill83] Touché my friend, touché!
😁
Kindheartedguy · 41-45, M
[@597698,wildbill83] I would be ok with switching the date format to yyyy/mm/did
wildbill83 · 31-35, M
The irony is, in industry that requires absolute precision/tight tolerances (especially metal working, CNC machining, aerospace, etc.), [b]everyone[/b] still uses standard/imperial

I've yet to see a lathe, mill, combo, gang mill, CNC machine, etc. whether made in US, Japan, Germany, etc. of which input/accuracy wasn't based on thousandths of an inch...
"Do as we say, not as we [b]do[/b]".
Depends what your definition of example is? Have we set the example for healthcare? Education?
DesertGhost · 41-45, M
And here come the same detractors that yet when the shit hits the fan. Are the biggest screamers for salvation. How about next time. We just say ....NO.
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
[@804449,DesertGhost] Salvation is there for everyone.
DesertGhost · 41-45, M
[@10970,SimplyTracie] It may not be the next time these folks need it. Because of this type of "appreciation" but I'm ok with that.
Tide pods.
EugenieLaBorgia · 26-30, F
I love America and do not buy into that filth which some media outlets say and nor should anyone else who has an inkling of intelligence at his or her disposal. As many have seen, there has been a 'call-to-arms' - metaphorically - to 'make America great'. That call, however, should be to 'make America [u]greater[/u] '!!
DesertGhost · 41-45, M
[@597698,wildbill83] Exactly. No debating with roaches
wildbill83 · 31-35, M
[@9972,JovialPlutonian] [quote]...alcohol is probably the worst, it impaired your mind and your body is not designed to consume it.[/quote]

Good thing you weren't born before the modern era then... or you'd have probably died of Typhoid, Dysentery, etc. Throughout much of history, alcoholic drinks were the only drinks that could be trusted to be clean/not contaminated.

On the contrary, Alcohol is vital, and has many beneficial effects on society and the human body; it's over consumption (as with most things in our diet) that causes problems. Many doctors will even recommend you to drink wine or beer daily, it's far more effective at controlling blood pressure than synthetic medication.

Wine for example contains antioxidants, boosts the immune system, increases bone density, lowers cholesterol, reduces the risk of stroke, heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes, actually improves cognitive function and improves longevity. (All Scientific Fact)

Again, it's all about moderation. The problem with cannabis users is that they usually go far past moderation, for the sole intent of getting high...
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
ok well having given up alcohol the results speak for themselves, ppl can drink if they believe it serves them but those that do don't want to accept that it is damaging to their body. I'm glad I don't have to endure digesting it anymore.

Experiences

I believe America will always set the biggest exam... | Experiences | Similar Worlds