Waiting on a biopsy

***update (or not really). Been over a week since my appt and still no results. I’ve had way too much time to Google and am a complete mess. Apparently melanoma can spread fast and not knowing when this stupid mole even appeared as me thinking the worst.

I'm terrified, so of course I've come to the internet.

I went to the dermatologist today to get a skin tag removed, and she uncovered a fun surprise. A mole she suspects is melanoma. I did NOT see this coming. I'm fair skinned and by no means a sun worshipper. It was on the back of my very upper leg; I'd never even seen or noticed it. The DR had a terrible beside manner and was not very reassuring that I'd be "ok".

So now I Google and wait.

I'd been so scared of COVID, and now Effing Melanoma may be what gets me.
Calm down and relax. Even if it's positive they will just remove it and life will he fine. Those are nothing to worry about unless you just let it go and never have it taken care of.
Prttylttlthng · 41-45, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] Thanks, I hope so. I hadn't been for a scan in years, and I honestly didn't even know I had it, so I have no idea how long it's been there.
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] I had the same thing happen. She, the doctor, sent in two biopsies. Everything came back negative.
Prttylttlthng · 41-45, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] That's great, I'm glad it turned out ok for you!
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] Then I had to see a surgeon. I had a huge knot on my back. He said it was ball shaped with 75% of it being in my back. He cut that out and had it analyzed. It came back negative.
Prttylttlthng · 41-45, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] I hope I have the same results as you!
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] I am absolutely sure you will. 🙂🙂🙂

I Melanoma