Waiting on a biopsy

***update (or not really). Been over a week since my appt and still no results. I’ve had way too much time to Google and am a complete mess. Apparently melanoma can spread fast and not knowing when this stupid mole even appeared as me thinking the worst.

I'm terrified, so of course I've come to the internet.

I went to the dermatologist today to get a skin tag removed, and she uncovered a fun surprise. A mole she suspects is melanoma. I did NOT see this coming. I'm fair skinned and by no means a sun worshipper. It was on the back of my very upper leg; I'd never even seen or noticed it. The DR had a terrible beside manner and was not very reassuring that I'd be "ok".

So now I Google and wait.

I'd been so scared of COVID, and now Effing Melanoma may be what gets me.
Calm down and relax. Even if it's positive they will just remove it and life will he fine. Those are nothing to worry about unless you just let it go and never have it taken care of.
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] Then I had to see a surgeon. I had a huge knot on my back. He said it was ball shaped with 75% of it being in my back. He cut that out and had it analyzed. It came back negative.
Prttylttlthng · 41-45, F
[@78387,Stereoguy] I hope I have the same results as you!
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] I am absolutely sure you will. 🙂🙂🙂
NotJamieM · 46-50, M
I've had a number of those things removed. Mine weren't melanoma, but we're basal cell. (Not sure I spelled that right.). But in talking to my dermatologist, he says he removed melanoma ones also - and he wasn't talking about those patients in the past tense, lol. The procedure itself isn't all that bad. The worst part for me was not being able to work out for a few weeks (because you don't want to mess up the stitching).
Hang in there! I had a suspicious mole and the dermatologist told me he was 100% sure it was melanoma. Of course he removed it and also sent it in for a biopsy to be sure. Turns out he was correct and fortunately, it wasn't deep and he got it all. Now I get regular checkups. Fun times.
Prttylttlthng · 41-45, F
[@377093,BiasForAction] I hate to hear you had it, but it's encouraging they got it all. Must be a relief for you! They told me mine was 4mm...I don't think that it's that big yet (?)
[@810488,Prttylttlthng] I don't remember the danger zone. Such moles are rated three ways using three different metrics. But I am grateful my spouse made me get it checked out, and I am grateful for having a great dermatologist.
nevergiveup · 61-69, M
The treatments these days are very good. Stay positive

I Melanoma