I Have Meniere's Disease

Went to see the consultant on Tuesday. Guess what? My wife is just parking the car when the world starts to spin - like really fast. It was a massive, violent attack. Somehow I managed to stagger through the hospital to the ENT dept arriving on my hands and knees with about 5 mins to spare before the appointment time. Of course they were running late.

Anyway the consultant got to see me at my worst. They did some more in depth hearing tests - answer is my left ear is completely shot to bits now hearingwise. They played around with white noise with me saying what is closest to the constant roaring tinnitus I get.

Upshot is... new medication "Although with your severity of symptoms I don't hold out much hope for that" and on the list for an operation in the next couple of months. It is a grommet insertion followed by having long acting steroids injected. They've had good results with it. Fingers crossed I'm so fed up with being housebound.
8
|
Nat15 · F
:( *hug*
fazer1k · 51-55, M
Good luck with the treatment.
Pianist1234 · 22-25, M
How come new new ailments come daily to people.
ZenLioness · F
Feels. I'm so sorry.
Summersong · 41-45, F
Aw that sucks. I hope the new meds help.
AliceTinker · 46-50, F
Good that you got a diagnosis though
At least the consultant saw what it was like for you. What does this mean for your hearing.

Hugs xxx
[@14688,Nunos50] oh crap, so guitar playing is not going to be easy :/
Nunos50 · 51-55, M
[@406205,Babylon] I can't really play like I did it's been like that for a year or so sadly
[@14688,Nunos50] that's such a shame, I'm so sorry.
Honeylove · 41-45, F
It sounds absolutely terrifying. I hope all the new treatment helps.
SmartKat · 51-55, F
I can’t “like” this. Hugs instead.
Ironicman · 51-55, M
You're doing the best you can. Keep going. I imagine it must be hard not being able to get out.

I Have Meniere's Disease
Meniere's Disease anonymous support group with information on diagnosis, treatment, symptoms, along with personal stories and experiences with Meniere's Disease. You're not alone.

Went to see the consultant on Tuesday. Guess what... | I Have Meniere's Disease | Similar Worlds