I Have Crushes On Celebritys

I always wanted to be Karen Carpenter. Her music touched my soul like no other. Like many people in the 70s I had no idea she had anorexia. Her music still haunts me to this day and now her life and her illness haunt me as well. I often ask "Why?" but never get an answer. I know it was her brother who wrote the lyrics, but her voice gave them a resonance that will make them last forever. RIP Karen. I love you.
22
|
Newandimproved · 61-69, M
she has the clearest and most perfect voice I have ever heard
irishmolly72 · 46-50, F
@Newandimproved: On the day that she was born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true...
Newandimproved · 61-69, M
@irishmolly72: I've only heard one other voice that I would put in that same class - and for me it's Gloria Estafan. She has one song that I have never heard all the words to - it just puts me in a mellow mood and I lose track of it :)
GooCannon72 · 46-50, M
@Newandimproved: Yes, she was one of a kind!
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
they had such a great sound! so sad that she had to die!
GooCannon72 · 46-50, M
BTW.... does anyone know how to spell the plural of "celebrity"?
irishmolly72 · 46-50, F
@GooCannon72: LMAO I never even noticed that!
GooCannon72 · 46-50, M
@irishmolly72: You are usually pretty quick Molly. Are you losing a step?
swl2jo · 51-55, M
the day after t-giving, i'll break out the carpenter's christmas music. her voice really reminds me of the holidays.
irishmolly72 · 46-50, F
[@85131,swl2jo] Have you played it yet this year?
I love her, too. Her voice was amazing. I was very sad about her death.
HikingMan · 46-50, M
Alyssa Milano was my first celebrity crush. I was 12 or 13, and she was in that show "Who's the Boss"
She was one of my favorites also. Actually even got to see her in concert, in Chicago.
Cantsayno · 51-55, M
It's so sad , she was beautiful and had a awesome voice !!!!
Cantsayno · 51-55, M
Her music is still so good. It’s such a shame she passed away the way she did. She was Susa beautiful woman.
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
So sad what happened to her. My band is planning to play one of her songs in our winter concert and I almost cry when we practice it.

I Have Crushes On Celebritys
Updated: 1 yr ago

I always wanted to be Karen Carpenter. Her music ... | I Have Crushes On Celebritys | Similar Worlds