Goals, Dreams & Wishes

Is school worth it?
people keep asking me if i have a construction ticket and why dont i get one.

i have a friend, same age, worked a job he hated while he went to school and is in debt from his student loans. hes now been a framer for like 10 years. he makes a little more money than i do, but it goes straight to debt or rent and he wants to save up and eventually buy a nice house down the road. hes great at what he does. but only that.

i decide to go a different route. started at eaves-trough when i was younger cause it looked easy and was kinda fun. some days. the guy turned into a chode so i left and started vynal siding did that for a bit, always worked around roofers and kind of understood that so decided to try it. (it sucks dont try it.). eventually i wanted something more labor intensive so joined a framing crew for a couple years then got tired and found a laid back interior renovations company. i see plumbers and electricians work so i can do sinks and outlets. im youtubing how to draw blueprints and im currently designing the house i want to build. everyone anywhere has to follow building code so i know what i need to know. if i got questions i have friends in every trade along the way. also because of that i get materials at a good price.

im currently thinking about actually going to school because people keep saying you have to! but what. im going to pay like $10,000+ to show some guy i know how to use a measuring tape? and he gives me a fancy paper with my name on in to show business type people that dont even care what my name is?

im weighing the scales and from what i personally see, people that follow the system generally dont seem very happy. or experienced with life. can you tell me what im not seeing?
0
|
Edited: 2 wks ago

Goals, Dreams & Wishes

Is school worth it? | Goals, Dreams & Wishes | Similar Worlds