I Had a Hysterectomy

Not yet, but I’m seriously considering it. I’m 36 years old and a single mom of 2. I have a chronic painful condition that takes over most of my life. I’ve also had painful periods for as long as I can remember. My doctor believes I have endometriosis.

Plus I don’t want to be pregnant again. I hated it the last times. Never again would I ever want to go through that hell.

I hope that I am able to get it done. I just don’t want to suffer anymore. I deserve to have a normal life and live for both myself and my kids.
2
1 day ago
|
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
I had similar issues and a hysterectomy at 34. I've never regretted it.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
[@592607,NaturalBeautyQueen] No. Thirty years ago they were all about doing hysterectomies, even for no particular reason. I know that has changed, but I should think your gynecologist could recommend someone.
NaturalBeautyQueen · 36-40, F
I sure hope she does. That would be wonderful. I’m so nervous. But I know that getting it will help me a lot, especially my health. Thank you! [@663519,Mamapolo2016]
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
[@592607,NaturalBeautyQueen] 😊
This message was deleted.
unknownpoetx · 31-35, M
[@592607,NaturalBeautyQueen] omg. it's even worse than I thought
NaturalBeautyQueen · 36-40, F
What’s sad is you judging me without knowing the entire story.

Did you read the part about me having a painful chronic condition? Contraceptives makes it worse. The last time my brain shut down, blood dropped and my heart was racing, I had excruciating pain, and blood in my urine, severe back pains, it also put me in the hospital, I was completely out. My doctor put me on several different kinds of birth control, to help with my painful periods, but it made my chronic painful condition worse. She thinks that surgery to help with my periods is the way to go. But that won’t help my chronic condition. Having a hysterectomy can help me a great deal, which is what I heard from others who suffered the same illness.

Why am I afraid of getting pregnant again? Because my last pregnancy almost killed me. I can barely walk anywhere but when I do, I can’t go too far. I need help most of the time. And I can’t drive. I’m afraid of being pregnant because I don’t want to be in worse pain, to where I can’t take care of the children I already have, or it kill me, leaving my children without a mother. I choose not to be in a relationship, because of this.

[@1059,unknownpoetx]
This message was deleted.
BalmyNites · F
You do know that, regardless of your age, if you have this procedure you will prematurely go through the menopause? That means all the things which your body would've gone through in your later years, will start to happen immediately. You will need to take artificial hormone replacements, with all the associated risks & you could have hair loss, lose bone density & many other wonderful things. My advice is to think twice, this would be a huge step.
NaturalBeautyQueen · 36-40, F
Thank you! But I would rather have menopause than to be in all this pain. At least hopefully, I can be mobile again and be able to do things on my own. I’ll continue to research it, but I think I would go in the direction to get it. [@561899,BalmyNites]
SongWeaver · F
Good luck to you, I think I may have the condition although I don't have kids or never had sex I want to get fixed so I won't have kids
NaturalBeautyQueen · 36-40, F
Thank you! Good luck to you too. [@892340,SongWeaver]

I Had a Hysterectomy
I know I'm hot. It just comes in flashes now.
Categories: Health

Not yet, but I’m seriously considering it. I’m 36 ... | I Had a Hysterectomy | Similar Worlds