Cnn reports 5 states legally obligate rape victim parents to share parenting with their attacker
Now that IS fucked up....
1
|
zerofuks2give · 36-40, M
Someone posted here the other day that it was 20 or 30 states that have laws like that :/
[c=#BF0080]Can't always believe the media.[/c]
yllacsar · 41-45, M
Well - i see a LOT of people in the virgin islands have their passports seized, and pay up or do jail time THEN pay up...
The "dead beat dad" laws ARE pretty effective..
States or territories recieve NO federal funding of ANY kind if they are not compliant , or on scedule to reach compliance with the law...
More and more dead beat dads,are caught exponentially daily...

STILL -as i said - fed law mandates child support NOT custody/visitation
AcidBurn · F
@yllacsar: pretty effective? I don't consider only 61% of people actually paying their child support as a win. Explain to the 39% that do without that the government is "pretty effective" at getting them their money.

STILL. If you were paying attention, I said that someone with visitation can't just avoid the bill as easily as someone that just disappears in the shadows.

I understand that you fell for the CNN clickbait and don't really care for any opinions that don't line up with yours. There's no point in us wasting anymore time with this. Have a good day.
yllacsar · 41-45, M
So - what is your suggestion for improving it ??
You're good at bitching about it - how would you suggest improving it ??
Or you just like to whine ??
AcidBurn · F
You have to realize the word "rape" has a pretty broad definition. A guy I used to work with was 18 and had a baby with his legally underage girlfriend. They're still together now, 5ish years later, but by the legal definition he raped her. I could see this law being used to make sure someone like him gets to maintain contact with his child. I'm sure there's more to the law than those few words you posted here. You shouldn't believe everything you hear without doing some research of your own.
yllacsar · 41-45, M
Please....
1961dave · 56-60, M
That goes way beyond Fucked up! The attacker should not even be allowed to live!
puck61 · 56-60, M
Journalism is dead. I don't believe anything on the news except for maybe One America or FOX..CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC are nothing but sewers of journalistic malfeasance.
[c=#BF0080]This is an old law.. this isn't something new.[/c]
yllacsar · 41-45, M
I assume as much - seems hugh time the law us repealed and ammended tho....
I was kinda shocked when i read it...
It sure is and one of the saddest things I ever saw was a young woman who had a toddler and his father was molesting him every time she was forced to hand him over to him on the weekend, he'd be molested again and she'd take him to the hospital to document...crying her heart out and having to go through parenting classes before custody got finalized in court.

Cnn reports 5 states legally obligate rape victim ... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds