Is not pansexual just a way of saying one is bisexual?

Since there are only two genders (considering gender change surgery also changes one from being a man to a woman and vice-versa)?
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
Gender isn't the same as sex.
Gender is a spectrum. You also don't only get two sexes, you get intersexed people.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
KaliKali · 36-40, F
[@1038365,Bane9] Gender is not the same thing as sex, so no.
KaliKali · 36-40, F
[@605647,DarkHeaven] People don’t even all fit into two sexes.
[@401815,KaliKali] Nope. Inter-sexed and what not. It’s pretty complex, honestly.
RoxClymer · 36-40, M
Same-sex marriage, only 2 sexes can reproduce
Nanori · 26-30, F
No pansexual means you'd basically fk anything
Missbess200 · 26-30, F
[@934648,Nanori] then half the population is pansexual
Nanori · 26-30, F
[@1202623,Missbess200] everybody is, some deny it, some haven't discovered that part of themself yet
YesTheYahooligan · 22-25, M
[@934648,Nanori] so, you are into sex with animals?
RoxClymer · 36-40, M
Trans-gender, Across gender
No, stop being stupid..
[@1038365,Bane9] I'm not fat, but anyhow, carry on with whatever you're doing
[@435994,MightyAphrodite] *hugs my friend* 🖤🤗
Keraunos · 31-35, M
I don't even know what the mainstream definition of pansexual is given how overly-specific people are at self-labeling nowadays, but I've thought of pansexuality as almost like a mixture of hypersexuality and the ability/inclination to "liberate" sexual emotion from the debasement of "restrictive" secondary emotions like dignity, shame, the fiending for a consistent self-identity, [i]etc[/i]. Basically someone who is capable of liking whatever they like at that moment, without driving themselves insane over what the implications of that are supposed to be. The example that always comes to mind for me is this woman who described herself as pansexual and was able to have no-contact orgasms by sitting still against tree trunks, closing her eyes for a few minutes, and feeling connected to all of the vegetative life in the area. It's a sort of transcendence of the sexual parochialism from which most people willingly suffer their entire lives.

But that's probably not at all what most other people mean when they say it nowadays.
butterfly1013 · 26-30, F
Pansexual is different from being bi-sexual and no it doesn't mean you'll have sex with anything. Panseuxality goes beyond a person's gender and it also includes those that are non-binary. You don't have a type when you are pansexual. At least the way that I see it. Pan-sexual is like you don't discriminate. Pansexual to me is a mind thing and it's almost like being asexual in a way. I think it's misunderstood at best, but it does exists. It's not all about sex.
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
It is more inclusive than bisexual. Bisexual might or might not be interested in gender nonconformists. Pansexual is a claim that that doesn't matter.

Also, I disagree with there only being two genders. In order to understand the difference between bi and pan you first have to understand the difference between sex and gender.