Do you go hiking?

Never understood the appeal until today. Was supposed to meet with people I met on meetup.com to go hiking at this trail today but nobody showed up. So I went alone and by God it was awesome! First, the air was crisp! I think I've been away from nature too long because I was just in awe. I felt like my skin was literally breathing in pure oxygen, not just my nose. And then everyone I met on the trail was really nice! I'll definitely do it again. If anyone here's in the Bay Area and would like to join me lmk!
Allelse · 31-35, M
Yep!!! I love it. Music blasting in my ears, surrounded by nature and no PEOPLE!!!! At least not many people and none that want to do a goddamn stop and chat.
eyeno · M
Awesome..,feels good! Cool pics too!
somedude15 · 22-25, M
[@1150425,eyeno] thank you!
Myselfatlast · 22-25, M
Yeah I use to hike nearly everyday I’d go caving rock climbing hike to waterfalls and overlooks. I loved hiking alone and finding solitude in the wilderness I don’t hike as much as I use to but I’ll get back into sometime
somedude15 · 22-25, M
[@691096,Myselfatlast] yup, it's also pretty humbling. While being alone with your thoughts and seeing the huge trees around you
AliceinWonderland · 36-40, F
I like hiking too, esp. hiking trails that lead to waterfalls.
somedude15 · 22-25, M
[@226612,AliceinWonderland] I can imagine how awesome that'd be. Hopefully I can find a trail like that near me!
peskyone · F
Your skin was literally breathing pure oxygen? That's a neat trick.
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
That's what I mostly did when I was younger. Made a post about one of those many hikes on Vedauwoo.

https://similarworlds.com/3021312-I-Love-Rock-Climbing/3448800-TL-DR-Lots-of-images-and-two-vids-Vedauwoo
I love hiking but never went alone. I guess it must be an experience on its own.
Myselfatlast · 22-25, M
Yeah anyone who enjoys hiking should get out and do it alone for me that is the unlimited peace [@472983,CrazyMusicLover]
[@691096,Myselfatlast] Hm, I don't know...I've always seen it as a tricky thing if you are a woman. I'm sure there are safe hiking trails and at right places you might not even meet a soul but I guess I'm still too paranoid for that. Maybe when I'm older.
Great pics 😎