Are you ready for four more years of Covfefe and sheer lunacy in the White House?
whowasthatmaskedman61-69, M Best Comment
Just let me get my supersized popcorn and gel foam seat cushion...馃樂
whowasthatmaskedman61-69, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] Maybe... But Stupid can be fixed. View the last 4 years as an educational experience and move on.. Just dont expect a new Preisident to solve Americans real issues. 馃樂
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@621893,whowasthatmaskedman] I don't expect miracles or a quick fix, I will take poise, compassion, and honesty as a starting foundation. It will take decades to get back on track and most of us know that.
whowasthatmaskedman61-69, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] I totally agree.. And it can be done..But it starts with everyone headed in the same direction.. Thats what Made America great in the first place.. Its people working together.馃樂

BlueMetalChick22-25, F
Hopefully not, although it's certainly possible.
Lostpoet31-35, M
I don't think it's going to happen
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@780464,Lostpoet] I hope your right sir!
PfuzylogicM
trump has mentioned moving out of the country after the election during the past few days. He must feel there will be a 鈥渘ew sheriff鈥 in town.
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@3118,Pfuzylogic] I vote for North Korea since Kim Jong Un has such a high regard for Trump he called him a "Dotard" (Basically a feebleminded old fool)
PfuzylogicM
[@881002,Grateful4you]
Sounds like Kim has a closer bromance with Dennis Rodman!
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@3118,Pfuzylogic] I'm sure he does.
Keepitsimple51-55, F
Yes...hopefully the White House will never be the same after he鈥檚 done.
Keepitsimple51-55, F
[@881002,Grateful4you] Hell, I鈥檒l help him.

That was good...鈥漷ill the land with salt鈥 馃槀
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@11509,Keepitsimple] Glad someone appreciates my twisted sense of humor. 馃槣
Keepitsimple51-55, F
[@881002,Grateful4you] 馃憤馃槈
I can deal with whatever happens. But I hope enough people are smarter than that.
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@44863,Elessar] Trumps continued ignoring of science paints a dismal prognosis for the survival of populations. The land will eventually heal with or without us.
Elessar26-30, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] I'm aware - he's not the only at right, globally, acting that way sadly.
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@44863,Elessar] It's not so bad for me. I've enjoyed a good life. It's the younger generations and the earths innocent creatures I feel badly for. It's going to take a massive wake-up call to shock leaders into action. Youngsters like Greta Thunberg are trying but it isn't enough.
Elessar26-30, M
Cov(id)fefe
Elessar26-30, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] Thank you for the kind words, I hope it gets better also for you guys, independently from the federal govt. in/action.

It's a complicated situation here honestly. Some economical sectors are already in poor conditions, forcefully shutting some businesses down isn't going to be a popular decision, keeping them open amid a sharp raise of cases isn't going to be popular either, if/when that'll translate to a sharp rise of hospitalizations in the upcoming weeks.

In France it's currently worse, +32k with a positive/total swabs ratio that is above 10.0% if I recall correctly (we're at 10k with >5.0% currently).. but I think we're just two/three weeks behind them. The virologist who saved my region/state's ass during the first wave stated that with the current numbers contract tracing is already insufficient.
Grateful4you61-69, M
[@44863,Elessar] We aren't getting accurate worldwide information, it's like we are now a third world country being spoon fed only what the governments thinks we should know.

We were told this second wave would be less severe and more easily contained than the first wave. With Trumps cavalier attitude the virus is almost regarded as a common cold.

Is there a change in the severity of the virus as far as you know? Personally, myself and others close to me are dealing with it as though it's as bad as it ever was.
Elessar26-30, M
[@881002,Grateful4you] You can check the English version of our associated press here: [u]https://www.ansa.it/english[/u], in regards to our situation, it surely won't be filtered by your govt, and it's quite politically neutral as well.

They said the same over here about management, until this week, it ramped up so quickly with a rate no one really expected. It's like if all of a sudden infectivity has quintuplicated.

As far as I can say, no, we're just catching more asymptomatic cases now, while back in March you got tested only if you were very very severe (personal experience) so the hospitalisation and death rates were artificially higher. ICUs occupation is going up and at this rate some region/states will get near saturation within a month or two. Also, the fact Lombardy was the worst hit region both in the first wave and apparently now seems enough for me to exclude that natural herd immunity might be an exit strategy (always thought it's not a walkable way, tbh).

Updated: 1 min ago