Have you been shopping at Walmart lately?
One of my Twitter friends who lives in the same city said she saw that they had put up loudspeakers next to the entrance with music & announcements. Believe they are trying to soften their customer’s attitudes due to having Goons posted outside t...
+ 2 40 replies 78 views Aug 1, 2020 |
I don't usually shop there. I went because my sister was in town and she shops there all the time. We went whenever she needed something. I thought the goons were pretty friendly.
[@1125885,ZombV] They started up after the city passed a mask ordinance here. I believe their business is now going to other stores, the small locally owned ones in the next city.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Local shops are better to support anyway.
[@1125885,ZombV] I bought a few school supplies at a local grocery store, cheaper prices than Walmart. I will buy them up that when I catch a good price.
NenaRussa · 18-21, F
What are they telling people about masks?
Majorsite · 56-60, M
They got into politics, Not retail anymore, I'll never shop there again !
[@16806,cherokeepatti] go to our Beloved Dollar tree and family dollar . They are refusing the Mask of the Beast..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/dollar-tree-family-dollar-reverse-decision-to-require-masks-at-all-stores-but-request-customers-wear-them/ar-BB16XWUl
[@20952,IstillmissEP] I will next time I shop. I hope they don’t cave. Aldi has.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] They did cave. Then they un-caved..

https://news.yahoo.com/dollar-tree-family-dollar-stop-183554640.html

Hopefully they won't re-cave
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
There’s no goons at any of Walmart’s I shop at
[@865932,Jeffrey50] They were acting that way when I went the last time.
Had to wear a mask for the first time yesterday going to a Menards. Holy shit. Had a heck of a time trying to breathe. Finally just pulled it down below my nose. Don't know how people wear them all day.
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
[@824678,PainfulTruth] it’s hard try doing it 8-9 hours a day
[@824678,PainfulTruth] Have a friend with COPD and she shopped there a few days ago and started blacking out, fortunately she was with her husband & he took her outside for air.
Wraithorn · 51-55, M
Soon they will possibly also require you to sanitise your hands at the entrance like in many countries including mine.

It will take some getting used to.
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
[@385840,Wraithorn] no they won’t they just require mask
Wraithorn · 51-55, M
[@865932,Jeffrey50] So far...
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
[@385840,Wraithorn] they won’t
Dan88411 · 31-35, M
Walmart Supercenter is the closest grocery store to me and has the best prices, so I go there by default.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
nope, even before the mask requirement nonsense, I quit going months before

got tired of of 20+ minute queue times because only two of the sixteen checkout aisles are ever open...🙄
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
[@597698,wildbill83] another complainer.
[@597698,wildbill83] Right before the quarantines first began Walmart announced it was closing the 24-hour stores for at least 8-10 hours each night so they could properly sanitize & stock the stores. Every time I went shopping there during the quarantine they were stocking the stores and blocking aisles, something that doesn’t normally happen before that. They can cut back cashiers & make people check out their own merchandise & bag it but they can afford to have employees standing in front policing every individual.
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] they're like lowes hardware in that regards; they can't afford employees to run registers, but they can afford to pay people to walk around pestering the hell outta you...
JollyJames25 · 22-25, M
Yeah, the only good time to shop at Wal Mart is in the early morning, with fresh stock. After that, not worth it or messing with the crowds.
JollyJames25 · 22-25, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Yucky.
Jeffrey50 · 46-50, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] that’s how they come then we go and throw away the bad ones
[@865932,Jeffrey50] I’ve seen them in the entrances of Walmarts in big bins, the stockers will put fresh watermelons on top of the old ones & they’ll crush them down & soon there will be gnats swarming, they’ll leave it like that for days and the same with pumpkins. When it starts stinking bad enough they’ll take the whole bin out.
Powderflask · 26-30, M
The goons outside my Walmart don't care. Was surprised.

Updated: 1 min ago

Have you been shopping at Walmart lately? | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds