When will we have WW3?
With China flexing and all that, should the US just give up
0
|
plungesponge · 36-40, M
didn't you get the email? It's tomorrow at 2pm
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
[@20312,plungesponge] well China will want to test their new navy capabilities
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
[@20312,plungesponge] I'll bring the popcorn
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
[@622125,Thevy29] please do
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
China can't go to war with the US. It would destroy both economies.
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
[@1114612,Lifeabitch] I didn't mean it's not possible. Bad phrasing on my part. I ment can't sustain them selves in such an endeavor, like Imperial Germany.
Lifeabitch · M
[@1999,Dolimyte] keep in mind if war did break out between China and the US it wouldn't be just us against them. Many other countries will be brought to the dance such as Russia and NATO just to name a few
Dolimyte · 36-40, M
[@1114612,Lifeabitch] I'm not ignorant to that. Again see your example of WWI. Basically my stance is War could happen, but in today's interdependent world, even if one side "wins" both sides loose, no matter how the lines are drawn.
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
Well... what better time then when everybodies got the sniffles.
HairbrushDiva · 26-30, F
Hopefully never.
JovialPlutonian · 31-35, M
[@1114676,HairbrushDiva] I doubt things could ultimately change for the better without having another war.
HairbrushDiva · 26-30, F
[@9972,JovialPlutonian] They certainly wouldn't change for the better if we had another war.
Driver2 · M
First off China is no match for the US and since they are so big we would not have the option of holding back . Secondly the US would never give up.
Yes China is larger but they will fold their one aircraft carrier has to deal with our 30
But it would be hell and I would hate to imagine the suffering.
It’s not a good thought.
Lifeabitch · M
[@1067315,Driver2] keep in mind if war did break out between China and the US it wouldn't be just us against them. Many other countries will be brought to the dance such as Russia and NATO just to name a couple
Elessar · 22-25, M
[@1067315,Driver2] As a plus, they'd be crazy to risk their own economy, which is what they're primarily into, for the sake of a war that would benefit no one, not even themselves, even if they somehow win it.
Driver2 · M
[@44863,Elessar] they cannot win, but we would lose much. War is always a last resort.
Anyone who wants to go to war is sick.
But we can not lose to China since we must be free and their citizens want and deserve to be also.
VeronicaPrincess · 56-60
Hopefully never.
ArishMell · 61-69, M
The People's Republic of China is determined to be the world's Number One power, and at the moment is second only to the USA.

It would be prepared to fight, and would fight hard; but I think its aim is to achieve supremacy by economic and political manoeuvring, such as its para-colonial activities in Africa and South America.

As an example of China's behaviour, I learnt only today, from my constituency Member of Parliament's column in our local paper, that China has been buying French defence companies that had collapsed. When the French government discovered this, it moved swiftly to stop further such losses to the PRC, but one can only wonder what damage has already been done.

Another was China's reaction to Australia publicly proposing a full international inquiry into the present pandemic. Although Australia named and blamed no-one, China reacted furiously, imposing a massive tariff on goods from Australia.

.

The Cold War ultimate weapon was the nuclear bomb delivered by intercontinental missile. Might any real WW3 be fought digitally though - its ultimate weapon being the WWW?
plungesponge · 36-40, M
What's happening with 5G tech will also be multi-faceted. While the general population is preoccupied with burning cell towers in some effort to hold back big data, I've seen very few talk about how this will set back Western nations and end up leaving them reliant on foreign 5G tech, or how the coming bankruptcies from the virus and the out-of-control epidemic in the US are likely to cause laid off tech/ semiconductor / aircraft/ chemical specialists to be recruited into Chinese companies. I don't think the current administrations in the US or UK are anywhere near the level of sophistication needed to stay ahead.
MissTaken · 31-35, F
I don’t foresee another World War but America’s power has peaked and China is the most likely power to succeed it. It will I think do what it has done historically and take the long view

When will we have WW3? | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds