If people are born gay, how come the LBGT Population has increased to nearly 5 percent and for millennials, 8.2 percent?
And before anyone says it's because more people are coming out, that has nothing to do with the study because the questionnaires are anonymous. This is clear evidence that people aren't born gay. If there is a gay gene, the lbgt population should be decreasing not increasing.
6
|
Edited: 8 mths ago
badminton · 61-69, MVIP
Maybe its just more people identifying as gay, more coming out of the closet.
MazzyStar · 18-21
I think he means more people are willing to admit it these days. [@944897,Helloiwanttotalk]
Helloiwanttotalk · 22-25, F
[@601940,badminton] People aren't born gay. Their sexual behavior is influenced mostly by their environment. Even the APA came to this conclusion years ago. Young men and women who are raised without their fathers are more likely to be gay.
badminton · 61-69, MVIP
[@944897,Helloiwanttotalk] You may be right. Whether its nature or environment, the real question is should gay people be treated differently than anyone else. Should gay people be persecuted and deprived of their rights as citizens, as they were in the past. I say no. Activities between consenting adults should be nobody's business.
MazzyStar · 18-21
I never met anyone make the active choice in being gay lol it just sort of happens. I mean, honestly, why care anyway? There’s no evidence supporting either claim.
MalteseFalconPunch · 31-35, M
Nope. Twin studies have shown there is a genetic component.

A more accurate statement would be "people are born with the potential to be gay".
how do you know it has increased? it might have been always like that but yet no one admitted they were gay. now im not making a claim someone was born or isn't born gay i think we have no clue and there still is a chance someone is born gay. meaning life does not make you gay.
Quizzical · 41-45, M
Why?
Reject · 22-25, M
I do believe that your sexuality is something you grow into. That’s why people experiment, and that’s why there’s a point in their life where they’re unsure. They’re figuring themselves out and developing as a person. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it doesn’t agree with the idea that we’re born with it.
DDonde · 26-30, M
You're talking about LGBT and you're talking about "gay", which is it?
Helloiwanttotalk · 22-25, F
[@373024,DDonde] LBGT
JarJarBoom · 36-40, F
Eh, you have to think that back then there was a lot of shame of even admitting you are gay, even to yourself..so even though the survey is anon it doesn't mean they'll answer honestly if they are in straight ass denial
Helloiwanttotalk · 22-25, F
[@21000,JarJarBoom] again, there's no shame in an anonymous survey so your premise is flawed. Also, it doesn't explain the major discrepancies between millennials and older generations.
i don't think there is such thing as 'gay gene' 😄
Lostpoet · 31-35, M
I don't think there is a gene for ones sexuality. I just think society is more open.

I'm not gay but I don't care if someone else is.

If people are born gay, how come the LBGT Populati... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds