"Gorgeous George" my faithful and beautiful fish committed suicide today. I guess I am to blame. I freshen and change his water often, and....
this time I think I left the level too close to the rim of his habitat. He has been with me a year and a half, and I it kind of feels like a death in the family. I guess it was. I wanted to make light of it, but I feel pretty damn low over the whole affair. "Gorgeous George" was a fixture in my life that is no more. He was like a lively purple flower that moved around in a large decorative container of water and ate blood worms. He was responsive to the net and the food and it is a sad day for the idiot who filled the bowel too high. I've just never seen him do any jumping, and I thought an inch below the rim would be okay. I am surprised a bit by how sad I am.
6
|
Sorry for your loss
Poppies · 61-69, F
Sorry. 😔
Caprice · 36-40, F
I'm sorry for your loss😔
BlueVeins · 18-21, M
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/43/15/48/BlueVeins-jrDXlDptf3XVzWF.jpg]
Grateful4you · 56-60, M
It's a typical response to lose ANYTHING you have loved. Just be satisfied you took good care of your little fish before he died!
curiosi · 56-60, F
Very sorry, pets add so much to our lives.
1GHOST · M
Sorry
what kind of fish was he ?
1GHOST · M
[@3557,puck61] awwww a Beta
puck61 · 56-60, M
[@345815,1GHOST] I can't call him a "Beta" because it reminds me of my political adversaries.
1GHOST · M
[@3557,puck61] um ...ok i have no idea what a Beta is in a political sense / sorry
Humbug · 51-55, M
Fish are fragile creatures..i heard a story where a guy put his wrist watch on top of the aquarium during a party and all the fish died because their hearts picked up the rhythm of the ticking. I don’t know if it’s true though..im sorry for your loss
bourbon · 91-99, M
sorry to hear that.
therighttothink50 · 51-55, M
Sorry for your loss.

"Gorgeous George" my faithful and beaut... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds