Pregnant. Husband said his life is going to suck for the next 18 years
So husband and I were talking this morning. We are expecting our first child, a girl. I'm in my 3rd trimester and miserable, working full time to support us. Husband says well I've been reading about the 3rd trimester. I said oh that's so great, what did you read. His response, "basically that my life is going to suck for the next 18 years"... I kind of just shrugged it off but.. geeze how should I take that? I'm kind of sad... should I say anything?
5
|
betweenfatandfit · 22-25, F Best Answer
That's a really stupid thing to say to the mother of his child
Bluesky53 · 51-55, M
[@455213,betweenfatandfit] true,even as I say it's a mix of emotions,he should've said that,she support in this,
betweenfatandfit · 22-25, F
[@556302,Bluesky53] Yeah if he wants to say that stuff he can call a family member a friend or complain online like so any of us. She does not need to her negativity right now.
Bluesky53 · 51-55, M
[@455213,betweenfatandfit] yeah I know,she needs compfort and support,it could've been issues in the relationship,if it was solid he wouldn't of said it,
Doesn’t sound like he’s too excited to be a father..
Starz93 · F
Should I be honest? He is such a jerk for say that! Instead of being supportive and telling you nice words he says that !!! Disgusting.
SweetMae · F
That would hurt my feelings. You might want to ask why he said that. Maybe he is concerned about being a good father.
Yeah, I'd say something. It's supposed to be a scary, but yet exciting moment. Since you're already married, I assume it wasn't a complete accident, so he should not be so negative.
GwydionFrost · 51-55, M
Yeah, you should. At the bare minimum, have the jerk read THIS:

https://similarworlds.com/7093008-I-Am-a-Father/572334-Why-Is-It-So-Important-For-A-Father-To-Be-In-His-D
Pherick · 36-40, M
Thats a pretty shitty thing to say. I can see him saying in a joking manner and not realizing how it would come across, but still kind of shitty.
DlPSHIT · 18-21
He has a point.
booboo · M
yeah, i guess he didn't want kids? My SIL was that way....once she calls him "daddy", that's all it will take...he'll be hooked
sogdianrock · 56-60, M
hi Brassm0nk3y
Sure being as it is not true although it could go that way. He needs to get his head straight like Cool Hand Luke!
Kids are great and your own even more so! Maybe his own childhood was problematic and he is fearful of repeating his own experience. If so that is wise also. Good book for you The Female Brain by Louanne Brizendene. She a Dr. Very good book. Good boy for him The Male Brain by Louanne also. After swop books and discuss them
Enjoy your next 18 years!
Best wishes
:)

“The changes that happen in the mommy brain are the most profound and permanent of a woman’s life. For as long as her child is living under her roof, her GPS system of brain circuits will be dedicated to tracking that beloved child. Long after the grown baby leaves the nest, the tracking device continues to work. Perhaps this is why so many mothers experience intense grief and panic when they lose day-to-day contact with the person their brain tells them is an extension of their own reality.”
― Louann Brizendine, The Female Brain

Pregnant. Husband said his life is going to suck f... | Miscellaneous | Similar Worlds