Does anyone have a close relative in prison?
Or a close friend. Was their crime horrible? Do you maintain any relationship with them? What are your thoughts on cutting off family that has committed horrible crimes.
2
|
mackenzieraae · 18-21, F
multiple relatives in prison, two of the worst have sex crimes so yes they’re horrible. i do not have a relationship with either because i fucking despise them. my thoughts are that it’s a good thing if it’s what you truly want. i couldn’t have them in my life without sacrificing my mental stability and morals so cutting them off was the best option for me.
REMsleep · 36-40, F
[@933084,mackenzieraae] I totally understand ❤
LostLissa · 31-35, F
I have a cousin in prison for armed robbery and intent to distribute
REMsleep · 36-40, F
[@585989,LostLissa] Were you close to your cousin? Do you feel any way different about him?
LostLissa · 31-35, F
[@867436,REMsleep] we used to be close when we were kids. It does piss me off that he had a gun during a robbery.
pentacorn · F
stepbrother

yes, his crimes were horrible. capitol murder, twice, among other charges.

no, i do not maintain a relationship with him. i've only talked to him once on the telephone in about 15 years, and it was awkward.

it's a situational thing. people can do what they want, but i cut ties. he's not blood anyway.
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
I had a friend in high school who two years afterwards held up a pub in town with a shotgun, got $2,000 and then walked across the road to the other pub and shouted the bar and was drunk by the time the police arrived. The judge said he should be awarded idiot of the year. His nick name in school was Potsie. I went and visited him in prison. Never saw him since he was released.
REMsleep · 36-40, F
[@557074,PerthSurfer] That's a funny story.
Not blood related but they were close. I will never forgive him as long as I live.
REMsleep · 36-40, F
[@964073,iso9660] Are you Christian or does your moral code require forgiveness?
[@867436,REMsleep] Neither.
MsFugger · F
Depends. It all depends. I am not the type to cut people off just because they are in jail but it depends. I would probably maintain relationship, that's what family is for
Zebrawl · F
I would rather be a lone than around people that can’t obey the law.
I have a cousin and we were close as children, but lost track of each other. He earned a degree in chemistry at Dartmouth, but ended up involved in a counterfeiting ring. He was on America’s Most Wanted, was caught and did serve some time, but I don’t know where he is now. When we were kids, he once said he planned to “make a lot of money” when he grew up. Who knew ? 🤔
REMsleep · 36-40, F
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] it's so funny that even as children our core motivations come out early. Lol

Does anyone have a close relative in prison? | Dating & Relationships | Similar Worlds