I Am Interested In Politics

I find it ironic that people lose their minds over what stores ask their employees to say to people during this part of the year but the same people who foam out the mouth when they hear "happy holidays" don't say anything when a store is open all day Christmas. Isn't a better example of "The War On Christmas" more and more stores staying open all of Christmas? Or maybe it has something to do with a lot of the CEOs of these stores being conservative like the soldiers on the front lines of the "War." Walgreens remains open during all of Christmas and its chief executive, Stefano Pessina, has only been praised by conservatives for speaking out against the British Labour Party.

If you search for stores open on Christmas, you find articles on mainstream media sites (Time, Fortune, Newsweek.) There isn't any popular conservative sites criticising stores for remaining open. Fox news for over a decade has talked about this "War" and kept lists of stores that say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" and gives commentary on how morally bankrupt the latter are. Yet the only articles on Fox about what stores are open Christmas are just lists of the stores and the hours. Nothing about how their listeners should boycott or demand they close for the day.

I personally don't care what people wish me, however I do care when a large chain store like Walgreens or Rite Aid stays open the whole day on Christmas. It also just adds to the hipocracy of the "War on Christmas" when these stores make the "nice list" and stores that are closed for either the whole day or part of the day make the "naughty list"
3
|
CountScrofula · 36-40, M
If there's a War on Christmas then WHY DO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC FOR TWO AND A HALF GODDAMN MONTHS.
Keepitsimple · 46-50, F
[@624254,CountScrofula] it’s exactly why I hate Christmas music these days.
Peaches · F
[@624254,CountScrofula] [b]LOL! 😁[/b]
firefall · 56-60, M
good point, one I hadnt even considered
GreensCornbreadYams · 31-35, M
That's something to think about. I personally don't go to stores that refuse to use the term, "Merry Christmas," but the stores who make people work on that day is also screwed up. If we are going to boycott one, we should boycott both.
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
I don’t see the hypocrisy at all. One has nothing to do with the other. People vacation during the Christmas holidays so they kinda expect stores and restaurants to be open.

On the other hand, how customer service representatives greet their customers is important and they should not be offensive whether it’s Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Easter.

This has gotten way out of hand in my opinion. I don’t care if they say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. It don’t make no difference to me. I don’t care if they serve coffee in a blue cup that say, Happy Kwanzaa.
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
[@1184,Dan509] [image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/83/74/65/SimplyTracie-7VH7wiOkg-b.jpg]
Dan509 · 22-25, M
[@10970,SimplyTracie] Yet only silence while more and more chain stores remain open during Christmas
Peaches · F
[@10970,SimplyTracie] Very well stated. ☺️👌🏼
Peaches · F
I've never thought about it. 🤔 I think people over react, I don't care if they stay open or not. If I owned a store I'd be closed so I could spend Christmas with my friends and family, ⭐️I always say [b][c=#BF0000]Merry Christmas☺️☃️❄️[/c][/b]
Peaches · F
[@10970,SimplyTracie] Yes it is my dear! ❄️🌨️🎄
SimplyTracie · 22-25, F
[@364304,Peaches] Yikes! There’s snow over there?
Peaches · F
[@10970,SimplyTracie] No not yet! ☺️ Actually I just cut the last of my roses a few days ago?! 😯🌹 Never had roses in November before?!

I Am Interested In Politics

I find it ironic that people lose their minds over... | I Am Interested In Politics | Similar Worlds