I Have Had Detention Before

I was nine when I got detention. I was also nine when I said my first cuss word.

I was born in Quebec, Canada.
So, I speak both English and French. My mom taught me English as my first language, but would often swear in French. During gym class once, some of the boys were picking on me and targeting me in the game of dodgeball. I wasn't very strong, so it was pretty smart on their part. After the game had ended, one of my teammates called me a stupid for losing the game and being terrible at it, so instead of letting it go or crying (as I was known for) I instead said "salaud" which is bastard in French.

Needless to say, that the teacher wasn't standing that far away.. that was the only time I got detention at that school.
3
|
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
I went to boarding school and the teacher would choose one boy for detention each night, but things would happen to him so we were all in fear of being chosen. I never was, I think because i was too loud and annoying.
retiredschoolteacher · 80-89, F
you were lucky it was just detention

I Have Had Detention Before

I was nine when I got detention. I was also nine w... | I Have Had Detention Before | Similar Worlds