I Am Welsh

I am Welsh
I live in Wales. It's quite a small country. We were locked down in March. And my government has been slow to release us. Which is good. But a few places have had covid again. I am in college.
+ 2 5 replies 12 views Sep 9, 2020 |
I Am Welsh
I live in Wales and Welsh is my language. I do all my college work in Welsh. I speak English too but with lockdown my English is being forgotten. When we have tutorials in Google Meet I often have to stop because I have forgotten the word in English.
+ 5 15 replies 14 views Jun 9, 2020 |
I Am Welsh
Cymraes ydw i. Cawsom eisteddfod yn yr Ysgol ddoe. I am Welsh. We had eisteddfod in school yesterday. Each class performed on the stage. Dance, singing or adrodd. Dydd Gŵyl Dewi is on Sunday. Rydym yn gwisgo gwisg Gymreig. We all wear Welsh costume. ...
+ 2 7 replies 6 views Feb 29, 2020 |
I Am Welsh
I am in college. And mostly I speak Welsh and English. But I just got back from a course for Art students who work in Welsh. I haven’t heard a word of English for two days and it’s so hard to get back to English.
+ 6 4 replies 7 views Jan 22, 2020 |
I Am Welsh
I live in the uttermost parts of Great Britain. Where the mountains fill our country. Where dragons still live and have their young. Where red kites soar. And where we look with longing to the sea for our countrymen and women, the Cornish, the Irish,...
+ 7 20 replies 34 views Dec 26, 2019 |
I Am Welsh
A lot of you find difficult will we slip one another to another. We do!
I Am Welsh
It’s so difficult typing in my language. The iPad thinks it knows better. It changes my Welsh words to nonsense. It doesn’t know that i is a word in Welsh. It isn’t a capital letter. I type it 50 times before it accepts that yes I really want to say...
I Am Welsh
I just watched this video... Absolutely loved it...gives me so much hope. So beautiful! 💖 (I'm American, by the way.) :)
+ 6 2 replies 9 views Aug 21, 2018 |
I Am Welsh
I just love this array of songs, especially starting with the Welsh lullaby, "Pais Dinogad", which I heard has been said to be the oldest Welsh lullaby in history. I am unfortunately not Welsh, as I am from the U.S. and have mostly Irish, t...
+ 2 3 replies 7 views May 8, 2018 |
I Am Welsh
Just had some freshly made Welsh cakes to go with my coffee.
+ 5 14 replies 38 views Mar 5, 2018 |
I Am Welsh
I am a Welsh patriot, which is quite different from being a Welsh nationalist. I am very proud of my country, my people, my language, my history, and my cultural heritage. I am also very proud to be British and to be a part of the rich culture of a d...
+ 4 2 replies 13 views Mar 1, 2018 |
I Am Welsh
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!!! Happy St Davids Day!!!
+ 7 6 replies 20 views Mar 1, 2018 |
I Am Welsh
About living in England, but going home for a spell. (No, I'm not a fairy! Everyone knows that spell has more than one meaning) I never properly learned Welsh. I can read it, which is something, and it's got enough Latin influence in commo...
100+, F
+ 2 6 replies 22 views Aug 16, 2017 |

I Am Welsh
Hobbies