Countries which surprisingly border other countries

• Just a reminder as to how big Russia is: it borders both Norway and North Korea.

• It is well known that Spain borders Portugal, France, and Andorra, but it actually borders two more countries: the UK and Morocco.
Gibraltar is a tiny peninsula in the south of Spain which is British territory, and there are two cities in northern Africa, bordering Morocco, which are officially part of Spain (Ceuta and Melilla).

• Within Europe France borders Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Spain and Andorra, but due to its many overseas territories it actually borders more countries, such as Canada (bordering St. Pierre et Miquelon), the Netherlands (one half of Saint Martin is French, the other one is Dutch), and Brazil and Suriname (bordering French Guiana).
Asmae · 31-35, F
Spain doesn’t have direct land borders with Morocco. But yes it is very close, only 13 km away separated by sea (straight of Gibraltar) ~
Emosaur · M
[@509132,Asmae] It actually does, even though those two cities are technically overseas territories, but they are officially Spanish territories directly bordering Morocco.
Asmae · 31-35, F
We don’t recognize them as official Spanish territories here. They’re occupied Moroccan lands [@10662,Emosaur]
Emosaur · M
[@509132,Asmae] I'm aware of that. I personally think it's a bit silly of Spain to hold onto these two cities, but I still find it interesting how they technically make Spain and Morocco neighboring countries.
Dlrannie · 31-35, F
Many people don’t know that Russia is the biggest country in Asia 🙂
Zonuss · 41-45, M
So lame. Smh. 😊
Emosaur · M
[@322117,Zonuss] Not as lame as you. 😊

I Love Geography