I Dont Know

I don't know what's wrong with the children's book Little Black Sambo.

It's about a little we boy in India who avoids being eaten by tigers by trading his new clothes, shoes, and umbrella for his life to the bully tigers in the forest but in the end the tigers greed and vanity drives them mad and they turn into butter. The little boy innocently collects his things and goes home. The boys father collects the butter and the mother makes dosas with it. It was written by a Scottish woman for her grand children when she was in southern india. It has absolutely nothing to do with racism. If anything it's anticapitalist. Maybe that's why it's been banned in the united states.
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
its fucking sick the story i wouldnt want my children reading it for sure
nothing to do with politixs or religion or whatevee irs jusr sick
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
1) it wasn't banned in the US.
2) the boy was nakid at the end
3) the boy was a well off black boy and many black slaves were well of before they were captured.
4) the symbology of losing everything made out the boy to be stupid.

2-4 were the reasons why the restaurant called by the name of "Sambo's" to be sued! Eventually they were forced to change their own their name to "Seasons". Yet the stigma still held out as a racist company. So they went totally bankrupt and out of business.
bc Americans have gone insane with their fake political correctness, the vast majority of novels etc older than a century have some form of racism and discrimination

I Dont Know
Beliefs Emotional Health Health