Life

When conservative says "we don't havea gun problem, we have a mental illness problem" why don't they do anything to help those with mental illnesses?
6
|
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Such as?
KaliKali · 31-35, F
Anything at all.
Because that would mean actually doing something to meaningfully help others, and conservatives can't have that
meJess · F
where would they stop? :)
There's help available for all those who seek it.
Where do [b]you[/b] live ? 🙄
I live in the US. There are State funded Mental Health Clinics available. Check with your State Department of Health for more info.
@WordsOfWisdom: Reagan privatized them in my state. That's actually [i]why[/i] we have so many mentally ill homeless here, more than any other state. Other states were sending their mentally ill to our facilities here---until he lowered the boom.
plungesponge · 36-40, M
They should promote SW, it's an effective crazy magnet
Nimbus · M
Applying logic to those that will not accept it is doomed to failure.
ChasingBrainBros · 31-35, M
They could give them free guns? That'll help them with budgeting.
@ChasingBrainBros: It's really not a laughing matter. As a matter of fact, you should share your experiences instead. Take this opportunity to enlighten the ignorant instead of making a joke of it.
ChasingBrainBros · 31-35, M
@WordsOfWisdom: here's my story then. Laughter often helps people to overcome trauma or difficulties.

When I had to take someone to hospital because of a drug overdose we both got through the night by joking about it. When he died the next day by doing the same thing again, the police who asked me to identify him make jokes too. It's the only way to distract from the pain sometimes.

Laughter helps, it really is a laughing matter.
@ChasingBrainBros: You are entitled to your opinions. I don't see mental illness as a laughing matter.

I appreciate your comments though. ✌🏼️
I still think that there's no reason to allow automatic weapons for the general public.
"Help". I think you answered your own question there. 😁
Picklebobble · 51-55, M
Well what they want YOU to do is accept the idea that shooting those with mental illness problems is a good idea !
I mean you can't screen schools; workplaces; colleges; gun clubs; gun stores; gangs etc.
I mean what good could come from spotting the early warning signs of somebody with a potential mental illness ?
I mean, you'd be forced into trying to do something about it in order to PREVENT a crime, wouldn't you ?
(Warning: The above answer contains irony !)

Life

When conservative says "we don't havea g... | Life | Similar Worlds