Life

Was this really so bad?

My sitter of 4 years gave a bad report on my 8 year old son today. She said-

1. He was not listening to her
2. Running around with a nerf gun and not wanting to do anything else.
3. Running round the house with silly outfits on and shouting out songs repeatedly.
4. Not settling to anything

Sitter seemed really angry. Am I wrong in thinking this is just normal 8 year old behavior and not really 'bad' ?
Their is probably a reason why he is acting the way he is at your sisters house, He would not behaving like that in my house lol
Jenni855 · 31-35, F
[@11430,Thesunisout] It was in my own house and she is my sitter. So you don't think she was over reacting?

Normal. She was pissed cause most likely he interrupted her quality time with her phone
Jenni855 · 31-35, F
[@411388,MsFugger] No, I resent that actually as she is in her thirties and very reliable.
jaymic64 · M
Sounds normal
BlueVeins · 18-21, M
Most of that stuff is pretty normal for an 8 year old, but you gotta teach 'im to listen to the sitter.
mikie24 · 26-30, M
normal kid
TwiddlerofThumbs · 41-45, F
Sounds like a normal 8 year old.
But, I wasn't there. If I were you I would try to delve deeper into finding out what she means.
FloorGenAdm · 46-50, M
Seems like something a school teacher would report on not a baby sitter.
ViciDraco · 36-40, M
After 4 years I'd imagine that she is familiar with his normal behavior and that this was not normal
Daisy50 · 51-55, F
If she's been with you 4 years and not normally complaining,I'd say something is up.
Daisy50 · 51-55, F
[@426370,Jenni855] He was misbehaved.
Jenni855 · 31-35, F
[@485257,Daisy50] Yes. Just feel it was a bit OTT on her side
Daisy50 · 51-55, F
[@426370,Jenni855] ok
QuixoticSoul · 36-40, M
It’s totally normal behavior - but too much normal 8-year old behavior [i]is[/i] bad behavior.

Conversely, good behavior is being able to stop normal child behavior on command.

Life