Work

Help me please!!
Ok serious question: you have a big job interview for a job you REALLY want, but you get SUPER SICK (sore throat, flu-like aches and pains, coughing, stuffy nose, sinus pressure) the day before. You can't miss the interview because you may not get another chance at it.

What do you tell the people when you go in for your interview? Do you tell them you're sick right away so they dont try to shake your hand? If they offer you the job, do you tell them you need some time to get well? Or just go straight to work when you're in the worst part of your flu???

Help me
2
|
Theliberal · 56-60, M
No, you reassure yourself that you are fine. Breathe deep and exhale. Anxiety is a mofo. Dont let it strip you of what you want in life. You will go and you will be finem
Theliberal · 56-60, M
[@831314,AppleBlossom2113] you can, I promise. I have anxiety like that as well. Really bad on set appointments. I want you to breathe deep and slow through your chest, hold for a couple seconds then exhale. After a couple rounds you will feel the anxiety start to lift. Then think about something you look forward to that relaxes you. Ex. Drinking a beer or whatever it may be.. maybe being alone. You can and will conquer it.
DearAmbellina2113 · 36-40, F
[@876711,Theliberal] This isn't anxiety it's the flu! 🤧🤒
Theliberal · 56-60, M
[@831314,AppleBlossom2113] oops I'm sorry. Definitely tell them you feel bad when you get there.
I have zero experience with that but I love interviews. Maybe let them know first hand that you’re sick but committed
earthqukefish · 41-45, M
If you can't present something hiding it, then be honest. If you feel you can pull it off, and that it won't affect you, trust a flu is temporary and there is no need to express anything.

Life sucks that way sometimes.
nowic2 · 56-60, M
Tell them you are unwell straight up & if offered the position negotiate a later starting date.
nowic2 · 56-60, M
Oh, & all the best.
benhailin · 36-40, M
1. If im "super sick" I wouldnt be able to attend the interview
2. I would go to the Interview if im able to though i have a cold.
3. If I get the job, I would ask time for a recovery. They probably would understand since they have already seen me sick at the interview.
DearAmbellina2113 · 36-40, F
[@8083,benhailin] I'm super sick, but I cant pass this chance up. I really want this job.
benhailin · 36-40, M
[@831314,AppleBlossom2113] I think you should then look into 2 and 3 . Just be honest about your situation. Most Interviewers prefer that than an interview to "please".
HannahSky · 46-50, F
I would reschedule it, take the initiative and let them know that you are sick.
DearAmbellina2113 · 36-40, F
[@868864,HannahSky] I'm afraid to do that. I've been looking for a job for a year with no luck. This is the first job interview I've been called to. I cant miss it.
HannahSky · 46-50, F
Go ahead then and just apologize for being sick so they realize you know it's not the best circumstance but the job is important to you
thanamesnyaa · 18-21, F
Maybe tell them you are very grateful for the oppurtunity but you would like/ need a couple of days off before starting to get all your affairs in order? That way when you start you are able to focus solely on your work.
taehyun · 18-21, F
tell them you are unwell
quantum7 · 56-60, M
Take cold meds, wash your hands thoroughly if you are worried about spreading, and go.

Work

Help me please!! | Work | Similar Worlds