Join Similar Worlds today Β»

I'm making myself accountable

I've been trying to lose weight by cutting calories alone but at my age that's not cutting it anymore (no pun intended). So starting tomorrow I'm going to be driving to the local courthouse every day to walk a few laps.

Why the courthouse? Because I live in a teeny little podunk town in Texas that has zero parks or walking trails. πŸ˜’ Anyway, the daily laps are the best I can manage as far as exercise goes. No nearby gyms, no room for exercise in my room, and the street I live on is not suitable for walks (rocky, loose large dogs, etc).

I'm posting it here so I can look back on it down the line and remember when I started it. πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
tk9999 Β· 41-45, M
I exercise at home without gyms or even weight equipment every morning and have been keeping in good shape. You can do it!
yep noticing cutting calories dont work the older you get, have to increase the metabolism
EuphoricTurtle Β· 36-40, M
I wish you the best of luck
ragingfire Β· 31-35, M
It’s a combination of diet, workout and rest. All 3 has to be in balance along with consistency.
DearAmbellina2113 Β· 36-40, F
[@429468,ragingfire] the rest part will be difficult. I have chronic illnesses and arthritis, so after getting up early, walking laps, then working a full 8 hours.. I'll be so exhausted that a full night's sleep won't be enough. 😞
ragingfire Β· 31-35, M
[@831314,DearAmbellina2113]Get as much as you can. I hope you heal soon and get better.
HatterM Β· 46-50, M
I think you once said you were unable to do high intensity? I think it's been shown to be much more effective for weight loss than cardio, but I hope your new routine helps improve on your calorie-cutting only option.

I Am On New Weight Loss Plan