I Am Sick of Life

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/24/98/95/novembermoon-JsQUzztQ7-b.jpg]The boy jumped on my bed this morning and messed it up. He was about to leave the room when I ordered him back to straighten the sheets back neatly just the way I made it. I am becoming more like my mother. I have never seen her leave her bed unmade, even on days when she was sick. I am not physically sick. But when I feel unwell emotionally and feel I don't have a handle on this thing called life, all the more I feel I need to control the small things on the outside. I become fastidious to the highest degree. Even a shoe at the doorway slightly out of line with the other shoe makes me upset.

I can't control people and circumstances. What I can control are things and how I feel about them. They don't answer back. They don't whine about their place in the world. Best of all, they don't have feelings I have to take care of.
4
|
Edited: 3 yrs ago
Cierzo · 46-50, M
I understand this feeling so well. I also feel this need to do things right when I don't see meaning in anything I do. It is like a voice inside telling me 'at least this floor will be clean in this dirty world'. It is having something to hold on to.
Yes..it's a bad feeling but it's very relatable for me. I find trying to focus on one thing that could benefit from micro management e.g. A project at work helps to take away the urge in everyday life and little. Hope it passes soon xx

I Am Sick of Life
Content Rating: Mildly Adult

The boy jumped on my bed this morning and messed i... | I Am Sick of Life | Similar Worlds