I Need Advice

Alternative jobs for retail? How did you get out of working in retail (for those who don't have degrees)

I've been working in retail for almost 4 years now and I'm miserable. Last summer my first retail job went out of business and I miss my old coworkers dearly. I have not been able to adjust to my new retail jobs (been through 3 including my current one). I'm feeling miserable and I need out. I've been thinking to pick up odd jobs, such as dog walking and other pet cares. I'm 20 years old and currently in college.
ScottR · 51-55, M
An internship is one method. But you usually have to be a junior or senior.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@10218,BlackBloodDemon] there is nothing wrong with community college. Do 2 years of the community college then transfer to a university that's what I did
BlackBloodDemon · 18-21, M
[@467302,iamnikki] Yea I have nothing against community college, mine just doesn't have my degree. I wish they did.
[@1202599,ScottR] I was an "intern" in my late sixties, its a loose concept nowadays.

I was used up on that job and wanted to sue them but couldn't even file a report with Dept of Labor.

Since the Labor Union days we have been going alarmingly BACKWARDS regarding workers rights. (in the usa that is)
iamnikki · 26-30, F
Get volunteer experience.
It works just the same as job experience.
Got experience, then you can get a better job.

I worked retail for years so I get the struggle and how brutal holiday time is
BlackBloodDemon · 18-21, M
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] I sell on the side for some extra pocket money. I know volunteer work means working for free, but I just thought I'd ask anyways lol in case there was a type of volunteer position that can make you money.

I actually really want to translate books but I can't do that until I become fluent in the language I'm studying. I'd also love to work in a bookstore but I keep getting rejected. ):
[@10218,BlackBloodDemon] Just take my advice and brainstorm what you love and look in every corner. Being too "careful" won't help although that was the conventional wise advice from times past.

I MEAN IT.

Please check back in three months and I BET MY LIFE you succeeded in landing something great. Without selling yourself short.
BlackBloodDemon · 18-21, M
[@1118414,SoapOperaglasses] I guess there is a reason that I really enjoy listening to The Science of Selling Yourself Short by Less Than Jake after all...

I Need Advice
Dating and Relationships