If someone keeps accusing you of being a particular way and verbally lashes out would you consider what they're saying or deem them crazy?

They've listed off things your doing and not doing.
And saying that they don't like it. But they're also doing this every few weeks or so.
What would you do?
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
I would suggest we both find somebody we like better to hang out with.
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] that sounds like a good idea
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] That sounds like the best solution.
I would listen.
Sounds like they’re putting someone into their box 📦 ugh 😑
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
This just happened to me earlier tonight. Someone repeatedly accused me of being a homosexual even though I'm not and have never been attracted to other females.

They also said I'm a Muslim even though I'm an atheist, and that I'm a meth head even though I've never used meth.

Weird shit.
Yulianna · 22-25, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] 😂 considering who made those ridiculous suggestions, i am surprised you are not laughing your head off...
AussieWhisperer · 100+, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I don't think that fool will be around much longer
peskyone · F
I would make my own list of grievances and at the bottom it would say ...

Have a nice life 🙂
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
I know someone like this. The problem is everyone else but them.

I removed myself from the situation
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] I don't know how to move forward with this because they made lots of rules which I stupidly followed and now this.
If we weren't related I wouldn't ask this, I'd probably just try and hide.
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] sounds very abusive and controlling 🤔 care to explain further?
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] not here, but I also don't want to push you into pm.
Rolexeo · 26-30, M
It's usually completely off-base so no.
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@1201398,Rolexeo] but what if the examples used are trur
Rolexeo · 26-30, M
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] Actions are one thing, I can consider that. But when people start trying to tell me why I act how I do it's almost always wrong.
I can't imagine being in such a situation, but if i was i'd probably, ummm get annoyed and think up some wily scheme to make them pay, and pay dearly!!
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@919584,TeaNTea] I think that's true. The problem I have is nothing I do feels good enough everything I do do ends up a mess because I'm so nervous. I'm just not confident or comfortable
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] Sorry, whoever is criticizing you should know how you feel, and if they persist, cut them out, and see to feeling better about yourself.
Noni33 · 31-35, F
Listed off things your doing and not doing?!
Sounds so complicated to be around those people really!
Sirfurryanimal · 61-69, M
Crazeeeeee....😀
Yulianna · 22-25, F
[@356742,Sirfurryanimal] do you suggest i am crazy cos i say Dolly is your girlfriend?

have you discussed this with Dolly?
Sirfurryanimal · 61-69, M
[@156315,Yulianna] 🤣🤣We shall definitely discuss this.......
At this point, I will pay attention to what they 'see' in me. Their being a hypocrite about it is a separate issue and their concern. But it is that in them that might be recognising something in me that perhaps I don't see.

This doesn't mean I want to hang around them anymore. I just won't dismiss what they say.
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@44604,Aidolovemostofyourthoughts] here's a scenario: they're scared to be alone and scared to live. Hyoercritical of everyone and everythin so is extending own doubt onto others.
Uses comedy to water down the Hypercritical comments..
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] Ah. That feels toxic. I would distance myself.
Magenta · F
There was one person I was connected to, who did this to me. It made me question and doubt myself. It was insulting and not a good feeling. I spent too much time trying to defend myself.
Gaiia · F
Depends who is.
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@536386,Gaiia] will that change how you react?
Gaiia · F
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] yes, definitely. It's not the same someone I depend on, or I'm close to than a random person judging.
If they're important for me I pay them attention
Keepitsimple · 51-55, F
Sometimes you need a time out to figure out why it gets to that level and if maybe there is a personality conflict or different goals that aren’t being met and won’t be.
Are you asking this based off the scenario: You eventually lash out because the other refuses to listen and care about what you're saying hurts you?
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] Just making sure. I've been there before myself and all I can say is leave. It'll never get easier.
Best wishes to you, but simply put, some people are just toxic together.🌺
Mellowgirl · 26-30, F
[@1137766,MoonlightLullaby] it's really as simple and as logical as this.
And it doesn't matter if its a friend relative or partner. Its still toxic
[@1196310,Mellowgirl] Indeed.🥀🖤