Question: if you had of best/close friend that refuses to get a job and sit on their ass all day, what would you do it to motivate them?

Like say that friend keeps rejecting your help to find a job and keep depending on the parents to do everything but you know they can do it all by themselves. Or let’s say they preferred to collect unemployment and sit on their asses all day. That’s what my best friend is doing. What would you do?
jackson55 · M
Not your problem if they want to sit around and draw unemployment.
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@15676,jackson55] Damn that’s good!!! She better look. I even told her that there’s a lot of places that are hiring. My job pays 13/hr.
jackson55 · M
[@1023345,DizzyLizzy94] It’s summertime, people are needed. She waits till September when summer is over it may be too late.
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@15676,jackson55] Right! I told her that she better take the job she wanna or it’s gonna be too late. Still going to support her
curiosi · 56-60, F
Consequences are the best teacher. Stay out of it and let life play out.
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@423488,curiosi] OK yeah I get what you’re saying but she complained to me. She CALLED me and said that she’s crying because her parents were threatening to kick her out and all I told her is that well she better get to find a job and I was trying to help her but she kept refusing so I just let that go for a while. I told her that’s tough love and don’t drag me into it.
curiosi · 56-60, F
[@1023345,DizzyLizzy94] Best you can do. If she wants to live that way fine but don't let her drag you down.
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@423488,curiosi] 👍🏻
Why are you friends if all you do is stay mad at them?
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@406636,causernamebemyusername] what do you mean?
Endless Snide comments on their laziness..
Hopefully they don’t, but if they ever come to you asking for some money. That’s when you tell them you’d like to help them but you can’t.
I just try to be supportive and let them figure out the rest
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
Jobs aren't for everyone.
DizzyLizzy94 · 26-30, F
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] well yeah but how are we going to survive? If some people have disabilities or injuries that stop them from working and get disability that’s a good excuse but come on.