This post may contain Adult content.

My antivirus says that I’m all clear, but my computer is running unusually slow and doing everything it would do if it were infected

Question is how do I find out for sure and what next?
TexChik · F
defrag your hard drive
Eyeamhere · F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition]
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@1029578,Eyeamhere] thank you ladies!
helenS · 31-35, F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] Modern operating systems and file systems do defragmentation automatically.
Defragmentation isn't necessary at all if your computer has an SSD.
Eyeamhere · F
Depends on what antivirus u ran and what operating system you got and is it a paid version or a free version
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
Macfee I did a one time pay for it it was so long ago I vaguely remember. I just clicked on the Icon and it says my subscription is verified and expires 3/3/2022

I’m not even really sure how to use it I paid for it bc at the time I felt like it was appropriate

[@1029578,Eyeamhere]
Tminus6453 · 56-60, M
Who's your antivirus?.....I run this.... https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ ...to clear out any infections then use Avast for my fulltime antivirus.. has worked great for me
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@27230,Tminus6453] I use mcafee 🤔

Always be careful I used to
Run those when I first learned about modding video games and they actually are viruses

My grandma told me about it 😭
Tminus6453 · 56-60, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] Grandmas's wrong on this one...lol..Malwarebytes isnt a virus, its the best for removing virus' though.. and Avast has always worked best for me
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@27230,Tminus6453] ill try it if it work 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
No more porn.
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] How did you know I had an iPhone? You are amazing!😘
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
AHAHAAHAHAAHHAAHHAA [@1201398,Rolexeo]
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] I didn’t think hot girls watch porn.
Pfuzylogic · M
Make sure you have the very latest version of ant-virus software. If that checks out then it is a memory/Ram insufficiency but also check the health of your hard drive since it can be used for virtual memory which poorly simulates RAM.
Pfuzylogic · M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition]
I hope that goes well! 🙂
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@3118,Pfuzylogic] I download things for video games onto my computer 🙄 is there anyway to continue doing this safely or should I consider using a laptop or something else?
Pfuzylogic · M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition]
iPhone sales rep claimed that apple didn’t get the viruses. I doubt that.
Honestly the very latest virus software and also making sure you update your iOS anytime an update is available.
helenS · 31-35, F
Does your operating system has an activity monitor which can show you all running processes and the resources they are eating up (%CPU)?
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@6602,helenS]
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@6602,helenS] disk keeps fluctuating dramatically
helenS · 31-35, F
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] Looks like you may need more storage volume.
There are tools to sort all directories and files on your disk according to their size. They may take a while to run.
Some process is filling your disk with huge temporary files most likely.
Unlearn · 36-40, M
Which OS, what's the RAM, how much free space is available on the root drive?
helenS · 31-35, F
[@6118,Unlearn] If someone does not say, it's almost always MS Windows.
Unlearn · 36-40, M
[@6602,helenS] shhh!
mrlopez · 26-30, M
You have a lot of things running in the background. Ps just put end task
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@1161949,mrlopez] I did 😅
mrlopez · 26-30, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] you might have not enough disk space or nothing. or someone on here sent you a hidden virus
AlyAngel · F
Do the following:

Run an anti-malware software, I prefer superantispyware. Let it run then restart the computer.
Run a disk defragment (Type defrag) in your search bar and optimize the drive. Then restart the computer.
Run a disk cleanup. ( In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.)
Disable non Microsoft services (Type run into the taskbar, then type in msconfig) click on services, check the box that says "hide all Microsoft services", go through the list and check for any programs you don't recognize then restart your computer.

This should make a big improvement this is all for windows. Hope it helps.
TexChik · F
[@10260,AlyAngel] How much RAM do you have? It might be time for an upgrade and, RAM sticks can go bad leaving you suddenly with a slow machine
What if your antivirus has a virus? 🤔
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Reboot and stop complaining so much.