Every time I sleep I have nightmares.

From ptsd to anxiety, my mental illnesses create nightmares every night which makes me not want to sleep.
TexChik · F
Yep ... getting any therapy for your ptsd ? The nightmares are no fun
Mysticalious · 18-21, F
[@113373,TexChik] yep my own mother encouraged it when I was still in her custody aged 2-9.
Mysticalious · 18-21, F
My father is only emotionally abusive
TexChik · F
[@683486,Mysticalious] I’m so sorry
I have nightmares any time I have inflammation problems such as asthma and heartburn. When I get those under control I don’t have nightmares (even when I am having stressful periods of life). I believe that inflammation can also affect the brain.
Mysticalious · 18-21, F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] That is possible. Mine is induced by stress.
[@683486,Mysticalious] Stress can cause inflammation. I wish you could see a naturopath to help you with that. If my insurance would pay for one that’s who I’d visit instead of MDs.
KimmyGary · 31-35, F
Sleep during they day maybe then u have day dreams

Not trying to be an ass just trying to get u to smile
Mysticalious · 18-21, F
[@335152,KimmyGary] lol that is cute, but I'd just get daycares and those are worse because I wake up startled and even more scared lol.
Mysticalious · 18-21, F
Daymares*
You should watch something nice or read a good story book before you sleep.
kodiac · 18-21, M
I know that fear i only sleep when I'm exhausted i used to use meth not for the buzz but because i could go days without sleeping. I don't call them nightmares because they are memories not dreams,and they linger for hours after i wake up i feel like it just happened.
Redstar · 31-35, M
I don't know it'll help you or not but I deal with my nightmares by always going to sleep with something loud enough on. I used to use music but now I usually put on a playlist on my computer of Bob's Burgers episodes. For some reason, that drastically reduces the chance of me having a nightmare.
Dang I'm really sorry. If you are ever up at night and need someone to talk to let me know.