Am I the asshole for complaining super loudly and whining a lot to get out of being put on the schedule for thanksgiving at work?

I whined and complained hard and like a baby to get off the schedule. I do NOT want to work that day. I did it once in the past and wanted to die so never again.
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
I wish I could. Usually I volunteer at the children's home but not this year cuz of covid we aren't allowed.
shallowwater · 22-25, M
[@585989,Lissa] I work at a pizza place. My bitch ass is usually stuck at the front counter answering phones and helping people.
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
[@579836,shallowwater] OK I got this. I can answer a phone.
shallowwater · 22-25, M
[@585989,Lissa] It's not hard work but it gets rough when it's busy and you're trying to juggle people at the counter and answering the phone. Oh and then we got doordash people coming and it gets stupid
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
Basically... yes.
WSEIII · 51-55, M
When I worked at my local newspaper we had to work Christmas eve. Halloween was fun though.
shallowwater · 22-25, M
[@1109071,WSEIII] I swear to god if I have to work christmas eve I will explode
theUnDeforestedMind · 56-60, M
Yes. Here's your Xmas present from your coworkers. For your butthurt baby behavior -
shallowwater · 22-25, M
[@1165664,theUnDeforestedMind] Luckily we are closed on christmas day!