The more concentration you give to an irrational thought

The stronger the emotion of feeling it becomes

(That’s why I want my mind to be still and not think anything)
Mordi · 26-30, M
I've never had a thought. 🤷‍♂️
Abstraction · 56-60, M
Emotions shape thoughts, and thoughts shape emotions.

In overcoming chronic depression I learnt to observe it at work. On the bad days I learnt to say, ok, i'm not going to take this stream of thought seriously today. I'm tired and flat and it isn't reality - it's my depression.

It took the power from it. So part of that kind of space you're looking for comes from observing yourself. It's the first step towards greater control.

I haven't gone back into depression for over a decade. My mind and emotions are useful, not dominating.
Brickbybrick · 26-30, F
[@608929,Abstraction] Thanks for sharing!
Om2014 · 31-35, M
R u able to do that? How u feel?
DragonFruit · 61-69, M
You could concentrate on having more rational thoughts, too. ❤️ 🤗
Brickbybrick · 26-30, F
Oh my I struggle with this so much.
4meAndyou · F
We do create our own reality, to a certain extent. It's like the old Indian tale...

THE WOLF YOU FEED
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."