Would you tell me about your grandma?
I'd like to know about her.
You REALLY wouldn't 馃槀馃槀馃槀
PoizonApple36-40, F
I would!
StellasXOF36-40
She was a very great baker but she died young no thanks to brain cancers
PoizonApple36-40, F
I'm sorry. What was your favorite thing she baked?
I don't think I could.
I only met the one from my fathers side of the family. I know she came from then Germany (now it's part of the Czech republic) to Wolfsburg and then moved here when my father was born (the first son outta 4 I think).
She worked a lot and ensured that my dad and her other sons always had a good life, and she did a lot of work with the American troops after WWII.
She was very very smart 馃槍
PoizonApple36-40, F
Sounds like a kickass lady! :)
Yes!
Sadly she suffered from bad dementia and her last 5 years were really bad.
PoizonApple36-40, F
I'm sorry about that.
MalteseFalconPunch31-35, M
She was kinda mean and super racist.
PoizonApple36-40, F
Charming. :p
She's old.
PoizonApple36-40, F
I'd be sad if that was the only legacy I've left.
LachrymoseLamer51-55, M
They're both dead I'm afraid. :/
PoizonApple36-40, F
Mine are too. Did you ever meet them?
Carver26-30, FVIP
She died before I was born so I never got to meet her. :/
PoizonApple36-40, F
Awwww, I'm sorry. I'm sure she was lovely.
She's in her mid 80's now. And still lives in her house though me and my parents both think that she should) go and live in a senior type of care center. But we still get that also, once you go and live in a senior care center that's almost like giving up your freedom with all that she have your independence. She has Macular Degeneration (Glaucoma). She's also had hip surgery. And has a few pets at her house still, one dog, and 2 cats. And she forgets things. But overall though a sweet lady and I love her regardless of her health problems :)
PoizonApple36-40, F
:D
My matriarchal grand mother was a beautiful person! Her heart and soul was humble and giving. She didn't judge anyone and allowed everyone to be who they were. She hand many people admirer her and praise her goodness often. To which she would simple blush or laugh. She was a caretaker and cook making ends meet after my grandfather passed by living as a home aid, cook and companion with older wealthy families with elderly parents. She loved her work, heck she got to live on fantastic estates! She retired from that work and took on a career of travel with a travel agent taking her peers on bus trips all over the east coast. She was known to be quite the party girl in her later years. When she did finally pass it was standing room only with a line at the door of the small Congregational church in the center of the sea side town she loved so much and it loved her.
PoizonApple36-40, F
You don't get a better grandma than that!
鉂わ笍Nope! Just hope my kids kids can have the same @PoizonApple:

Would you tell me about your grandma? | Community | Similar Worlds