not a question
Just a comment. I am 3 weeks in to not smoking. AGAIN. LOL. I have quit so many times its crazy. The best record was 8 years before I picked them up again. This time I think its for real. HELP....LMAO
2
|
Edited: 1 yr ago
TheProphet · M
No one likes a quitter.
lovenude · 61-69, M
[@11267,TheProphet] Well i have never quit at many things but the smokes gotta go. Beyond that I am an open book. hahaha
WelshLovely · 41-45, F
[@11267,TheProphet] Rehab is for quitters.....
Congratulations dude!! Keep going, you got this!
lovenude · 61-69, M
[@654489,WittyKittyfeelinShitty] thank you my lovely friend
lovenude · 61-69, M
[@654489,WittyKittyfeelinShitty] lets be friends. support friends
katielass · F
Congratulations. Resist the urge to smoke. Think of the money you save. Think of breathing clean fresh air. I quit 2 years ago after 50 years of very heavy smoking and I don't regret it. Hasn't always been easy as some days I want one so bad I can taste it but so far I've been able to resist.
lovenude · 61-69, M
[@120824,katielass] omg girl i feel like that often. even when i quit for 8 years it was like the first one i smoked i was right back. No this time I got it.
katielass · F
[@648605,lovenude] I've thought so many times, as I was about to get out of the car at the 7-11 to buy a pack. Just one, but I know it wouldn't be just one.
WelshLovely · 41-45, F
Well done! I'm 3.5 years in and feeling like a non smoker now. You've done the hard bit, it's just the habit breaking now. Good luck x
lovenude · 61-69, M
[@1767,WelshLovely] thanks love. you are right. the addicted normal times when I would smoke is what i avoid
YouCanCallMeDan · 36-40, M
I haven’t smoked for nearly 2 years. I know I’ll never smoke cigarettes again.
There’s a guy on YouTube that has loads of really helpful videos, his name is Joel Spitzer.
indyjoe · 51-55, M
What a lot of people don't know or understand is that even if you quit...it's similar to alcoholism. Once a smoker always a smoker. You may quit, but like a sober alcoholic it only takes one to get you started again. Most people have a very hard time quitting and it's not because they're lazy or have no willpower. Nicotine is more addictive than cocaine. It's been labeled just a "nasty habit" and smokers are treated like nasty or unsavory people. Some people are able to just put them down and walk away, but most cannot. They need help to quit just as much as alcoholics and drug addicts need help to quit theirs. They need some compassion and understanding too, not pressure and hatred. Just something to think about.
katielass · F
[@676121,indyjoe] Thank you for that. 🤗
indyjoe · 51-55, M
[@120824,katielass] 😉👍
muffinman · 61-69, M
nah, mate … you will start up again … tomorrow morning … 3:01am.

not a question | Community | Similar Worlds