I think the best funeral I attended
was at a pub. Yes, the body was laid out in the pool room, it was obviously an invitation only affair. Drinks were on the house and Geordie (the fellow in the casket) had his tab wiped.
He was a rock'n'roller from way back, had seen Black Sabbath and Zeppelin and more live, he drank like there was no tomorrow. He died of liver cancer.
What was your most memorable funeral?
2
|
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F Best Answer
The husband of one of my aunts died last year. He was one of those people who almost always had to be smoking a cigarette, practically every waking moment of every day. He also suffered from depression and schizophrenia. Apart from those things, I didn't really know too much about him. Because I can't stand cigarette smoke (I find it hard to breathe around it and think I might be allergic to it), his constant smoking kept me at a distance, so I never really got to know him.

But at the funeral, I found out that he was a very sweet, kind man who was very understanding and accepting of everyone, because he knew that he was far from what most people would consider "normal." He also had a passion for music, which I also have. It's really too bad that I didn't get to know him better. I would have loved to have talked with him about music and gotten to know him better. He sounded like such a very kind, gentle soul who also knew how to have fun.
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
[@428428,Cavedweller] No, I didn't know that. I suppose it must be a way of self-medicating?
Cavedweller · 41-45, F
[@1351,TeresaRudolph71] relief of sorts, maybe?
TeresaRudolph71 · 46-50, F
[@428428,Cavedweller] Probably. There must be some good feeling that they get from it, or it's a diversion, or both.
start drinking heavily ..

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/42/47/96/waleskinder-KAuIM5QPK-b.jpg]
I wish mine had been that fun😅 Most memorable was my brother with no body or coffin. He was cremated but the funeral was military.
Cavedweller · 41-45, F
[@328405,Mondayschild] were there rifles involved?
[@428428,Cavedweller] they carry and shoot the guns in the cemetery and he was taken there at a later date. They marched to the front and folded a flag and gave it to his older son.

Updated: 1 min ago

I think the best funeral I attended | Community | Similar Worlds