Spirituality & Religion

I had a WWJD moment tonight..
Was sitting in my car in the parking lot of my college waiting to go in to a night class. A man that appeared homeless knocked on my window...and I rolled down my window and he very incoherently..like he wasn't very mentally with it asked for money for food...and I gave him the five dollar bill I had in my pocket...he walked off as soon as I did ...I hope he is ok right now...and I know most people would assume he was going to use it for drugs or alcohol...and that may be true...but he was hungry...and I intended to help him get food. God gives us all grace and sometime we waste that gift, which is even more valuable that money, on things like having a bitter heart. Who are we to judge? Is using money given to you by a stranger on drugs any worse than wasting our spiritual gifts on a bitter heart? Is not God's gift to us more valuable than anything we could give another person?
10
|
Cool. That’s good. I wouldn’t do that. Because if it were the other way around I don’t (I know) they wouldn’t do the same.
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
I look at it as having not giving money to the man but to Jesus Himself.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] Amen, bro, amen.
LostLissa · 31-35, F
No way in Hell would I have put my window down. 😨
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@585989,LostLissa] I understand and I don't blame you, but, look at it this way, if it weren't for the grace of God, there go you.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
My thoughts on this are like yours. On a few occasions someone asked me for money for food outside or near a restaurant and I took them in, bought their meal and depending on my finances, bought them something for a meal later. Once they wanted socks or a jacket and I took them (walking, daylight, populated area) to do that. If that won't work, I give money if I have it. I don't give them money for drugs or booze but once I give it, it's no longer my money, it's theirs and they can use it as they choose.

Rolling down your window in a parking lot at night WAS risky. You can communicate through a inch or two of space. Kind and generous is wonderful and I applaud you. Foolhardy won't help the man outside the window and might cost you or the ones who love you dearly.
Lostpoet · 31-35, M
I bet he bought a li'le bit of God's spirit for five bucks. (Jk)

And I think you are right we waste our time and good fortune on things just as destructive to our spirits as drugs and alcohol.
I get that. I do the same. You had a choice to make, and you made it with a graceful mind. Whatever he chooses to do with that doesn’t change the fact that you decided he should have the means to eat for a night if that’s what he chose.
koolhand · 56-60, M
Once we give someone a gift, it's up to them what they do with it. God knows our motives and our heart.
JustSimplyMe · 18-21, M
Nowadays, I have to be sure to make sure someone is really homeless. Not that I have the right to judge but there are also scammers out here too. For example, I just got off of work and was driving home. Stopped at a traffic light, saw a man with a sign: "I'll take anything, even change. goD Bless You." Error (1) Obviously, he doesn't know God to at least put some respect to his name with a capital. He is somebody. Error (2) "Judging" from the man's attire, he had on tattered jeans, Jordan sneakers, and a dirty white tee. Why is this bad? Jordan sneakers run you a good $100-600 a pair, depending on the model. That could cover you: food, a place to stay for a week or two, and maybe transportation if you carpool taxi/bus. I do nonetheless allow my graciousness and compassion to give some homeless people money, but not all of them. But, good for you that you had a WWJD moment, I appreciate the time you took to share that wonderful experience! <3
antisocialbutterfly · 18-21, F
[@822528,JustSimplyMe] I'm pretty sure he was homeless...he was bundled up in very old looking coat and hat....and he spoke like he was either inebriated or mentally unstable... and I was honestly a bit afraid...
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
You just put a smile on God, face, sister. Thank you for helping that poor man out. Here's a thought though, you might of ministered to an angel who was putting your faith and trust in Christ to the test.

Spirituality & Religion

I had a WWJD moment tonight.. | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds