If human beings were free to choose which country to move to, would any particular countries gain a whole bunch of population? Which ones?

Which countries would empty out?
TheBannibalOne · 61-69, M Best Comment
I would go to Germany.
acpguy · C
[@1202043,TheBannibalOne] 🤮

DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
the third world would flood into the first world countries
Unlearn · 36-40, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] I am sure you would agree that there is more to life than refined, established systems and government assistance. In my case I live in india and I am very comfortable here and the growth opportunities are pretty amazing here. We are the fourth or third largest economy in the world. I don't depend on or have any major expectations with the government or the system. Though india is managing quite well in those departments too. I wouldn't want to live away from india, I have grown up here and this is home.
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@6118,Unlearn] well. that is probably a large contributor to why Americans are so unhappy. america (i heard it changed to china this year but i'm not sure) is the largest economy in the world. and that sounds amazing but it's likely a huge contributor to why so many americans have so many mental illness and why alcoholism and drug abuse is such a huge problem in america. americans want escapism. Work, work, work, every single day. you get up to make a dollar to live only to spend it... to live... just to get by. it's an endless rat race, and this is coming from someone who believes in hard work.

and good for you. i moved from a very poor area in america where there were no growth opportunities or jobs, and so i moved to a more populated area where there is better growth opportunities and school and jobs. i live in a vacation state. it's beautiful here and i am accustomed to the way things operate here nonetheless and this is home for me.
Unlearn · 36-40, M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] Thankfully india is not as materialistic as some of the other countries...I like it's laid back attitude. Economical development doesn't necessarily translate to personal satisfaction and living a meaningful and fulfilling life. I don't like too many rules, laws, everything working like part of a bigger system, etc. I like randomness.
Fantabulous · 41-45, F
South Africa definitely going to empty out!
xuxuguinhu9 · 31-35, T
it is already happening isnt it? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 rich countries is whee most ppl r. poor countries empty..
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
Canada just lets everyone who applies so it would fill up even faster than it already is
acpguy · C
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] Can we send you our illegals then? 😅
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
[@20049,acpguy] we get them here too. They come up through the US and illegally cross the borders here
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] That's good to know. I thought we were completely trapped.
Ynotisay · M
I'm not sure people aren't free now. It's just expensive and citizenship can be very difficult to attain. But just based on people wanting to get out...North Korea.
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
Beachfront real estate would get ultra expensive awfully quick !
All along Southern Europe
Graylight · 46-50, F
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] Could they show us??
MotherHubbard · 56-60, F
[@627992,Graylight] your leadership does not oppose gentrification. They're not e even really on the fence-. Urban people demand things. Displace everyone and it's fine.
Graylight · 46-50, F
[@1201621,MotherHubbard] This is true. Those most suffering from the results of unchecked gentrification are often those least heard. This issue is one factor behind the LA homeless problem.
ragingfire · 31-35, M
If the Ice age hits, all the so called first world countries would empty out. Everyone would flood into warmer counties.
Ynotisay · M
[@1195324,Backdoortothesublime] I'm not your Mommy. I don't need to spoon feed you. You want to be a man and learn? Learn. You want be boy? Don't. I give two fucks. No need to write me again bro. Thanks.
Backdoortothesublime · 41-45, M
[@324070,Ynotisay] So you can't prove any of your mindless blathering. You can't even attempt it. And what a brilliant deflection - "I'm too good for that"

You are all hot air. An empty suit.
thegiver · 26-30, M
Canada will be overpopulated country.
Asificair · M
Hasnt this already happened, numerous times, it's kind of a constant thing.

Move in genocide the natives, claim it's yours then stop anyone else coming 🤷‍♂️ kinda what happens.
Graylight · 46-50, F
Particulars being unimportant, I believe any nation who has repressed, oppressed or otherwise impeded the freedom to thrive and live one's life in peace and economic safety would see great migrations. Anywhere in the world leaders are not serving the will and needs of their citizens.

US leaders might take heed.
MarineBob · 56-60, M
The shit holes
acpguy · C
If Demented Biden and his handlers remain in power the USA might empty out of sane people and leave this country to idiots and criminals, I am thinking about moving to Belize.
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
{@motherhubbard ] i would go for the automatic obvious choice the united states
carpediem · 61-69, M
Already happening with Biden's open borders.
Jammy · 46-50, M
If I did not have kids and divorced, I would probably go to Norway, Austria or Switzerland. Just to try out.
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
Personally, I would go to Switzerland
Jammy · 46-50, M
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] Any city in mind or area?
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
[@691227,Jammy] In a small village nestled between mountains
Jammy · 46-50, M
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] Nice. Look up Kandersteg. I was there in the 90's small sky village but in summer time, there are only the residents. It was incredible.