Covid Thanksgiving: Deadliest Covid day ever!

I’ve labeled this as political as it would take Trump to make the call to ban all national travel for Thanksgiving in order to reduce the impact of Covid. Many millions of Covid infected Americans will be traveling to join their families for Thanksgiving and spreading Covid to uninfected family members and friends in the process.
I’m picking a massive spike from 200,000new infections per day to 250,000 new infections per day or higher after Thanksgiving.

I feel sorry for the over worked medical staff at US hospitals constantly dealing with the onslaught of dying patients 24 hours a day.
Rosejilly · 51-55, F
Same here with ******* Xmas. (UK)
adorbz · 22-25, F
[@539784,justanothername] we will definitely definitely definitely be nowhere near clear by christmas 😔👀
justanothername · 51-55, M
[@99476,Rosejilly] That bad huh..?
Rosejilly · 51-55, F
[@539784,justanothername] [@539784,justanothername] I think it may be. Our government aren't 100% sure of what the fk they're doing at the best of times. We've got students going up & down the country mid December so we can all do bloody Christmas then all going back to university late Dec. If you wanted to spread a plague that's a good way to do it.

News every day about what we can/can't do, much of it contradicting previous day's stuff....
walabby · 61-69, M
If the people in charge in the UK and USA had taken Covid19 seriously at the beginning they wouldn't be in this predicament.
justanothername · 51-55, M
[@1116,walabby] NZ did its full lockdown at the start and have managed to stay on top ever since.
walabby · 61-69, M
[@539784,justanothername] Exactly!