Liberals should be happy to know that New Zealand cops did not shoot and kill Brenton Harrison Tarrant.
The way fascists, right-wing American cops would have.

Brenton Harrison Tarrant was just out for a walk with his gun and to pick up some Skittles and some watermelon drink.
0
|
Lissa · 31-35, F
They shoulda blown the fucker away
QuixoticSoul · 31-35, M
[@585989,Lissa] Nah, that’s what he wanted. Now he’ll spend the rest of his life in a cell.
MyParentsAreProud · 18-21, M
[@585989,Lissa]

Yeah, kinda like Trayvon and Michael Brown.
Theseus · 41-45, M
[@585989,Lissa] [image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/45/27/59/Theseus-p4D8HFmsjQv4AqF.jpg]
MushroomFaerie · 26-30, F
Nz is a liberal country. We don't fight fire with fire here, that's how people end up like brenton tarrent in the first place, duh.
And joking about skittles and water melons is distasteful since it just happened, more people died in hospital today including a four year old
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@656163,Mushroomfaerie] Don't mind this guy, he regularly makes shit up off the top of his head. Last week he posted saying that the mayor of Chicago intends to put "ten thousand George Zimmermans on the streets" to keep the city safe from Black crime. Let's completely ignore how fucked up and racist that is for the moment, and instead just focus on the factual cogency of it. The mayor of Chicago made no such plans because the mayor of Chicago isn't going to be mayor for more than another three weeks. I live in Chicago myself and we're currently in the middle of a hotly contested runoff election between two potential candidates. Meaning the current mayor is a lame duck; he isn't making any plans to do anything with the city's law enforcement.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
Well, I am happy they didn't shoot and kill him. They got him alive so now maybe they can question him and find out where he acquired his weapon from, what his motives were, and if anyone else helped him plan it. Wouldn't you say that catching the perpetrator of a crime is preferable to being forced to kill him?
awesomusmaximus · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] lol ok. Enjoy debates with online people lol
BlueVeins · 18-21, M
[@854020,genghiskhan] They can be fun and enlightening!
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@854020,genghiskhan] Isn't that kind of the point of sites like this?
autumn25 · 26-30, F
I don’t know what this has to do with liberals. Everyone should be happy when some murderer is not killed by police. It makes finding the reason behind the act easier for investigators when the person responsible has not been killed.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@872792,MyParentsAreProud] Fair point. You didn't specify Black crime the the post itself. But the fact remains you were full of shit when you said the mayor of Chicago was planning on putting George Zimmerman mini-me's on patrol.
MyParentsAreProud · 18-21, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick]
[quote]This user has been warned due to a violation of Similar Worlds Terms of Service.
Reason: Spreading of false claims/rumors.[/quote]
You seem to have a history here.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@872792,MyParentsAreProud] And? How is that relevant to you making shit up about mayors?

I've had a history before SW existed. On EP I used to jack people's credit card information. Why do you think everyone knew me there too?
User41 · 31-35, M
I totally see where your coming from.

But your not exactly recruiting people that once thought otherwise by saying this.

Your picking a fight. An most people in the middle that are unsure won’t run to your corner if you antagonize something people are still grieving over.
Greybare · M
American cops always execute the the killer and then report, "He shot himself." Like we haven't heard that one before.

NZ cops are not so blood thirsty.
[@880701,Greybare] they probably realize it is also hard to interrogate a corpse.
Greybare · M
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/48/64/92/Greybare-sMmPytMuKWIgjKF.jpg]

Liberals should be happy to know that New Zealand ... | Politics | Similar Worlds