Parenting & Family

Any husbands shut down emotionally after finding out wife's pregnant?
Husband has become so distant since finding out about pregnancy. I've put on a little weight and I've been tired and throwing up a lot. Not exactly a lot of fun but.. finding it disturbing husband won't talk to me, look at me, flinches away when I try to touch him. Don't know what to do. I've tried in a very nice way to be like hey what on your mind babe? Let's talk... he just gets up and walks away. Won't acknowledge me at all.
3
|
shakenama · M Best Answer
My daughters husband was the same way. I know for a fact that he threw a fit sitting in his jeep after he found out that my daughter was pregnant.
If your hubby is anything like that he's not quite ready for family life yet.

It's gonna be tough for you, but you got the potential of being an amazing mom. Make the best out of it.
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
So great to know thank you for that[@468660,shakenama]
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
Obviously, he is not happy about the pregnancy.
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
He did. He kept asking when we were going to try. Shortly after that we found out we were pregnant[@358142,greenmountaingal]
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
[@542440,Brassm0nk3y] I've heard of this happening before. The reality comes as a shock to a man who hasn't really considered all the implications. Usually, the husband adjusts to the situation in a few more months.

This has got to be hard on you. (I assume you've checked out whether he is having an affair or going through some other personal secret situation, like gambling debts or drug addiction). I'd suggest you give him a little time, but if this continues after the child is born, I'd draw the line and insist on counseling. You need him to live up to his dreams of being a dad, and part of that is giving you emotional support.
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
Thanks very helpful[@358142,greenmountaingal]
sighmeupforthat · 41-45, M
so, why did he become involved?

seriously!

all of this is ancient news.

did they not consider the situational chances?
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
He's my husband. He kept saying he wanted to have children/ then it happened then things changed [@341171,sighmeupforthat]
My h/b was over protective during that time.. I think the 9 months were hell for him he was so worried about me and the baby...
This seems like a negative reaction you are getting.
Leftyss · 51-55, M
Pregnancy is so sexy.
And he should be there for you... with the ups n downs!
starrybunny · 22-25, F
Did you [b]both[/b] plan the pregnancy?
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
He wanted kids more than I did. When we found out he was so excited. Now after a couple months things have changed [@28049,starrybunny]
starrybunny · 22-25, F
Wow then [i]he's[/i] the dick here.
trackboy · 18-21, M
first baby? did he want a kid?? you taking ginger root for the throwing up? talk with doctor about your throwing up???
Brassm0nk3y · 26-30, F
Yes he very much expressed that he wanted to have kids. On mess from doctor for nausea.. not doing a whole lot yes have tried ginger several times yes first baby[@487102,trackboy]
trackboy · 18-21, M
[@542440,Brassm0nk3y] well get lot of ginger root. maybe husband is now dealing with the reality he is going to have a crying baby around the house and wont be able to go off on trips with you now that there is going to be a baby to deal with. or worried your going to throw up while talking with him. doctor gives you a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid? supposedly vomiting is to prevent any toxic things in certain foods from affecting the early development of the baby. I hate vomiting. its awefull. is worst when I am busting for a piss and my abs are squeezing hard on my painfully full bladder.
Givemelife · 26-30, F
Its a big change for anyone. Kinda like your wedding there is always.the cold feet moment when realoty sinks in but im sure it will pass.

Parenting & Family

Any husbands shut down emotionally after finding o... | Parenting & Family | Similar Worlds