Parenting & Family

Dark family secrets?
And what happened after they'd been revealed?

I recently learned that my family had been selected by the Nazis for execution. My great-grandpa bribed them. If it hadn't been for money, I wouldn't be here.
6
|
SkiMasksDurag · 22-25, F
My great grandmother was in a concentration camp.
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
Oh shit. :( Sorry to hear that.
Sometimes money can be a good thing. We are glad you are here. :)
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
Well thank you ;)
tynamite · 26-30, M
See? Jews Do have money!
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
Not Jewish.
wow what a story😨
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
Yes, I do know about family secrets. My mother was a member of a secret political group and it affected me without my knowing much about it. Now I know more but it's still murky and confusing.
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
wow, religion, political or what? We have several friends who are children of Holocaust survivors.
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
Apparently there was one Jewish grandparent in the bloodline. That's all I was told.
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
that is all the Nazis needed. You really need to follow what is happening now worldwide. Britain is leaving the EU, France is leading very right and xenophobic, the USW, well that is truly hard to explain, but frightening. Some Polish leader over the weekend is reported to have said that the attitudes and tendencies in Europe now seem to be paralleling the early 1930s, and we all know that didn't turn out well. If Mrs. Merkel doesn't win re-election I am really frightened for the future peace in this world. To may isolationists out there!

The fact that bribery got your family out of the hands of the Nazis is NOT a dark side, it is a very lucky side!
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
True words. Thanks for taking the time. :)
greenmountaingal · 70-79, F
Glad you got here. Glad your family had help.
LunaInvicta · 31-35, F
Thank you :)

Parenting & Family

Dark family secrets? | Parenting & Family | Similar Worlds