I Need to Vent

I am visiting my parents in Calfornia and I got caught in the lockdown. First it was funny looking at old photos and sharing memories with mom but after a couple of weeks the darker memories came out of the closet.
- Do you remember when you ran away from home? Yes mom and it wasn’t very pleasent after.
- Dou you remember when you and Amy got caught shoplifting? How could I ever forget that mom.
Now we are back in time and the bossy mom I grew up with has returned from the grave.
- Help me with those omelettes Amanda.
I’m just waiting to hear - If you give me that face again you know what will happen and I know you don’t like that Amanda Beatrice.
I left home as a young adult. I came back as an adult and now I’m transformed back to a silly and obstinate teenager.
Thank you lockdown.
15
|
Leggs · 41-45, T
One thing I have learned in life - People don't change.
Maybe we do not see them for years and then for a couple days they are nice but we soon relearn why we didn't have much contact for so long.

I am guessing your parents do not get to visit with you on a regular basis? Kind of sucks how they would waste time rehashing the bad times.
Leggs · 41-45, T
[@1115365,Amandathegreat] Yeah, the first few days of a visit are often nice but after that, things get stuffy and awkward.

Might I ask though - how far is your home? I mean you obviously cannot fly right now but what about drive?
Amandathegreat · 22-25, F
[@1073121,Leggs] I live in London. My dad is from England so I have double citizenship.
Leggs · 41-45, T
[@1115365,Amandathegreat] My step dad is also one to bring up bad stuff that happened years before, like decades or maybe even before Christ was born. It is like, "Yes, I know, I was two years old when I did that". I have not had contact with him for like 10 years.
LucyFuhr · 51-55, F
If it's any consolation, I'm more than twice your age and my mother still tries that sort of stuff with me. They don't really change, regardless of how far or how old you get; they just rewrite history to justify their bad behavior.

"Family" 🙄...
God bless 'em LMAO
wexxxxcccc · M
Wow!Lock down has a lot of power! Don't you wish you were powerful like that?
MinMan80 · 36-40, M
I'm sorry to hear that
JT123 · M
What did happen to you when you did those things?
MrAverage1965 · 56-60, M
Hopefully you will get your freedom and your adulthood back soon.

I Need to Vent
Categories: Other

I am visiting my parents in Calfornia and I got ca... | I Need to Vent | Similar Worlds