I Need to Vent
Disturbed12 · 22-25, M
I know what you mean. I'm putting a quote here which relates with your talk:

[c=#003BB2][i]I don't want to be an ant. You know? I mean, it's like we go through life with our antennas bouncing off one another, continuously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. "Stop." "Go." "Walk here." "Drive there." All action basically for survival. All communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. "Here's your change." "Paper or plastic?' "Credit or debit?" "You want ketchup with that?" I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up. I don't want to be ant, you know?[/i][/c]

I feel the same.
[@704171,Disturbed12] This is everything. Thank you so much
BlueDiver · 36-40, M
Get used to it - every year EP/SW falls deeper and deeper into the 120 characters or less, shallow, facebook-like place that society has been moving toward for a long time now.
[@425001,BlueDiver] well I wasn't referring to here, lol. But might be the same principle offline too.
BlueDiver · 36-40, M
It's not quite as bad offline, granted - but honestly, even offline it's hard to find people who look for either depth or intimacy in friendships. We've become a shallow society. You can see it all over the place - news stories are dumbed down, music rarely contains the intimacy that it did a decade or two ago, tv shows are full of more fickle characters and shallower story lines.
JETM319 · M
I agree. It's so hard to find genuine friendships. It's nice to be able to just do something for a friend.

I Need to Vent
Other