Email or Username

I Need to Vent

I hate my divorce lawyer. Made the biggest mistake of my lifetime. Charges $450 an hour to act like a lazy teenager. As if going through a divorce is not enough... now I have him to deal with? It’s too late to get another attorney now. Ugh! I’m stuck!
3
|
BlueRain · 46-50, FVIP
Hugs
labsrock · M
It's especially bad when the divorce drags out. I hope it goes smooth for you
Justbreathing · 41-45, F
It’s taking forever, and he doesn’t seem to be in any hurry. I’m starting to hate him as much as my ex.[@538532,labsrock]
labsrock · M
[@639139,Serenitynow] Sorry. It's too bad can't divorce your lawyer as well
Good2Go2001 · 46-50, F
We are going threw a very similar situation with my daughters attorney for her custody case with her Ex. The attorney was great at the beginning but now that we are at the end of this, year and a half long battle, the attorney has turned out to be pretty useless. For us that this point it is really to late to change to a different attorney... after all we would have to financially afford another high dollar retainer fee and she has already paid this current attorney well over $6,000 ... All I can do at this point is pray the judge sees how the absent father is abusive and does not deserve more visitation. I hope you have a better journey than we are with your court situation. There needs to be some way to hold attorneys accountable after they have taken thousands of dollars from a client.
Justbreathing · 41-45, F
Mine really is good for nothing. Poor communication, drags his feet on every subject, sees no alternative solution for anything. I wish I had hired my ex’s attorney. I hate to say this but she is awesome and is on the ball. [@668274,Good2Go2001]
FineTuned · 61-69, M
Texas is a mediating State....so you can get your divorce for a LOT less than hiring a lawyer.....and it comes out the same. If you don't have a mediator, I can recommend one.

I Need to Vent
Categories: Other

I hate my divorce lawyer. Made the biggest mistake... | I Need to Vent | Similar Worlds