Has anyone tried to catfish you?

Three women on word with friends contacted me for a "romantic" relationship lol. All of them used the same lines and the same way of texting.

3 supposedly "women" in three days using the same pattern of texts. One accepted that they wanted an iTunes gift card lol. I couldn't figure the other two 馃槀.

What's your experience with people who try to catfish you?
its mostly dumb stuff. crude, obvious ploys
Beatbox3426-30, M
[@887863,dirge] A mere waste of time too tbh.
AsificairM
I'm of an opinion my demeanor is irritable at best 馃槙, I have zero experience thus far.
Beatbox3426-30, M
[@854658,SamtheDog] The ones I spoke to were trying to lay honey traps but sadly I'm a cynic to fall for that shit.
DrWatson61-69, M
Every now and then a "woman" on SW who I have never seen before appears in my inbox and seems interested in something intimate. I just ignore them.

Nobody has gotten far enough to ask me for anything of monetary value.
Beatbox3426-30, M
[@338282,DrWatson] The other two were playing it safe. I was messing with the second one so they were blunt in what they wanted.
EloraF
No but I watch the series sometimes and it鈥檚 usually a head case that needs attention

Not my style
Beatbox3426-30, M
[@1136252,BeforeToday] I like to mess with them 馃槅
Brickbybrick26-30, F
Back when I was like 12 and Myspace was still a thing, I received 3 messages from 3 women with 3 different namez that looked only slightly different (probably photo manipulation) that sent me the exact same message within 5 minutes (bots) telling me that one of the three links they have sent me wins me a free iPhone. The stupid b.itch I was I opened every single link in every single message, which lead to the same page -> her p.ornsite.
That's like 9 visits she got from a greedy dummy like me. Imagine all the hundreds or thousands of visits she got from various other 12 year olds longing for iPhones.
Beatbox3426-30, M
[@1089099,Brickbybrick] Lol anything for an iPhone these days.
FaeLuna26-30, F
I'm sure people have tried, but I'm either so oblivious to romance attempts that I don't fall for their tricks, and they give up, or they're stupidly obvious and I recognize it right away and stop responding.

I Had A Weird Experience