Is this "normal" for Int'l deliveries?

I've been waiting over a month for a package to go from San Francisco to Toronto. Tracking finally said it arrived here 3 days ago (not my address but Toronto) and today it says it's back in Detroit again.
poisonouscupcake18-21, F
that seems bizzare to me馃槷 i鈥檝e had stuff from england and china come within a month of ordering it
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@933084,poisonouscupcake] I've had great service from China and I'm thinking of biting the bullet on ordering from the UK. It's only Canada and the US that I have issues with.
poisonouscupcake18-21, F
[@8345,LucyFuhr] domestic shipments are super fucking weird for me, i had my moms mother鈥檚 day gift get to me within a day and a half and it came from salt lake city to detroit yet a suncatcher i ordered from within my state took like a week
fun4us2bM
customs can be very weird - sometimes it just flies through, other times not (from Canada)...I don't get it.
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@64578,fun4us2b] I can't figure it out either. I'll just wait another month and see what happens LOL
fun4us2bM
[@8345,LucyFuhr] Probably warrants some research...I've been able to receive stuff overnight and yes, then get hung up for week...electronic equipment from known manufacturers...
uncleshawn36-40, M
You don't know the new rule? All intl packages are delivered to Detroit. People have to drive there to pick them up.
tindrummerM
I'm a retired mailman and hate how t and his minion drove the Postal Service into the ground.
mrlopez26-30, M
They had issues going through customs
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@1161949,mrlopez] I've had that happen before but I got a notification from Canada Post about it. As far as CPs tracking is concerned, they're saying it's still in the US.
mrlopez26-30, M
[@8345,LucyFuhr] they are probably checking it for covid. There could be a lot of reasons.
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@1161949,mrlopez] The covid thing did cross my mind. We're still in lockdown here.
NorthwestM
Which service did you use?
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@9416,Northwest] It's someone sending something to me and they used USPS.
NorthwestM
[@8345,LucyFuhr] USPS? Yeah, that's not good. If this was UPS, it would have been there in less than 5 days, if sent ground. I stopped using the USPS, after my 2-day packages from Seattle to San Francisco, started taking 2 weeks. I switched to UPS, where my ground packages to San Francisco arrive in 2 days.
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@9416,Northwest] I'll have to keep that in mind for next time.
Thank you!
zeeva70F
USPS has one of its biggest facilities in Detroit.
LucyFuhr51-55, F
[@335166,zeeva70] According to tracking, it had been there just before getting to Toronto, not it says it gone from Toronto, back to Detroit.

I Struggle With First World Problems