I Have Been On Television

I was on live television every day for a week.

It was the 1950's.

I was about 5 years old. It was a children's show called "Romper Room", in New York City.

My mother would drive me to the studio and sit in the audience with the other parents. My father, on the other hand, was at work and would go to a bar at lunchtime to watch me on TV. He had to convince the bartender to switch the channel, explaining "my kid's on TV". Apparently, the whole bar came alive as a bunch of drunks were cheering me on every day!
PeachesF
I remember that show!猸愶笍There used to be a children's show called "Dishonest John" and the guy was always in black. My brother and I got to be on the show. When the host asked who's birthday it was (you got a game about the show) my brother raised his hand, 馃槸but he was lying?! The host was off to the side with other people laughing his ass off...I suppose he KNEW my brother was lying. My brother's name is [i][b]John!馃ぃ[/b][/i]
DrWatson61-69, M
[@364304,Peaches] After that, did everyone call him Dishonest John???
PeachesF
[@338282,DrWatson] [i][b]YES!馃榿[/b][/i]
Repete61-69, M
I remember that show . I can remember being on a TV once . I couldn鈥檛 reach something I wasn鈥檛 supposed to have so I climbed up onto the TV to reach it . Now that I think about it I鈥檓 glad it was a console TV . Not the plastic kind . That鈥檚 as close as I got to being on TV.
FernieF
A child star right here on SW!! I remember Miss Jean and is that where the good doobie, bad doobie came from?
DrWatson61-69, M
[@331316,Fernie] Yes! They were bees. Mr Do-Bee and Mr Don't-Bee! :)
FernieF
[@338282,DrWatson] OH YES! BEES !!!
DrWatson61-69, M
[@331316,Fernie]
Cool. I was on a local show here once that my mom set up. I'll always remember it.
hahaha I was just a guest with other kids. [@338282,DrWatson]
DrWatson61-69, M
[@605074,Blondie04] Same here. But all my parents' friends referred to me as "the TV star!" LOL
Well you were the closest to a movie star that they would ever personally know. lol[@338282,DrWatson]
Did you become famous in your later years from that experience? 馃摵
Aww no fair! lol gotcha ;-)[@338282,DrWatson]
DrWatson61-69, M
[@971552,Blaise] I read an interview with Halle Berry in which described her attempts at meeting men when she was single. One time, she actually went to a chat room to try to meet someone. She said that she announced to the room "I'm Halle Berry", and the moderator kicked her out, assuming she was just a troll. She was surprised at that reaction! lol

(Serves her right for thinking that brandishing her celebrity status is the way to meet someone.)
Lol she鈥檚 beautiful, one of a kind lady. I鈥檓 surprised they doubted her being the genuine article

Nvm no biggy compared to bigger world problems 馃懟[@338282,DrWatson]
SomeAreBoojums51-55, M
I used to watch that show every day when I was REALLY young.

I've been told that my sister in law was on the Bozo show when she was a child, but this is unconfirmed.
I remember Romper Room ! 馃槂
We had a local show called The Mayor Art Show and my Brownie Troop were guests once.
DrWatson61-69, M
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] Very cool! I had a feeling all along that you were a fellow celebrity!
Mguinm51-55, F
Wow I loved Romper Room. The Do-Bee part and the magic mirror were my favorites.
uncalled451-55, M
Great! I remember Romper Room, but I probably didn't see you.
lou50200861-69, M
were you seen in The Magic Mirror?
DrWatson61-69, M
[@329993,lou502008] She NEVER called my name when she did that! And my name is not an unusual one.
lou50200861-69, M
[@338282,DrWatson] she never saw "Lou" either
pennynoodles51-55, F
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8iH0Iu-2lU
ElsaKarenF
Is that the show that had a do-bee?
DrWatson61-69, M
[@2835,wearinggirlsclothes] Yes! Mr. Do-Bee and Mr. Don't Bee!
Tminus6453M
I vaguely remember that show
pennynoodles51-55, F
How sweet; have you managed to get any footage of that programme?
xixgunM
I remember Romper Room

I Have Been On Television