LGBT

Nowadays people get offended by Lacta commercials showing gay couples or whatever, while this sketch on a newspaper from 1911 became so popular
[b]that the newspaper had to reprint it two days later.[/b][image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/08/45/27/HannibalAteMeOut-hq1kI08wtEbu7V8.jpg]
This was actually from Easter ("Christ is risen" written with big letters) and it symbolizes the strong bonds between the Cretan and the Greek state (Crete was independent back then). It's clear from their clothes that one man is from Crete and the other one is from a Greek region.

[@1090951,PepsiColaP] take a look at this
9
|
DownTheStreet · 51-55, M
I wonder how many people actually get offended by things, versus the commercial and social media channels exaggerating thing - there’s money and power in divisions
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@325552,DownTheStreet] that's a good question!
DownTheStreet · 51-55, M
[@8344,HannibalAteMeOut] it’s kind of like the ONE idiot in San Diego that wore a KKK mask to the grocery store ... we all had to hear about this ONE guy as if he represents even a small fraction of the people.
PepsiColaP · 22-25, F
I love this. I remember when studying about Socrates Plato and Aristotle, we were taught about how often men developed relationships between them and how it was an honour as they were thought of as superior political beings compared to women. (Misogynist yet lovely for the LGBTQ community I suppose). Lets also not forget about Great Alexander and his relationship with Hephaestion. In ancient Greece, things were different. I would certainly not mind being a male back then
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@1090951,PepsiColaP] hahaha true, a heaven of sexual liberation for men.
PepsiColaP · 22-25, F
[@8344,HannibalAteMeOut] sexual as well as spiritual. How much do I envy them
LvChris · 36-40, M
Those Greeks of old sure knew how to cavort. 😚
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@335805,LvChris] hahahah
marvn5694 · 46-50, C
We are in the age of being offered by everything. Some get offended because they are offended.
satanburger · 31-35, F
I really like that picture actually. Did you know before the church got involved pirates formed gay relationships? They were even buried with each other or if one died, the other would get their loot, they would also share health insurance.

I don't know if they did it out of love or that ships were just rough so it was probably for support and survival than anything else.

The church freaked out about pirates and started introducing women on their Island which didn't take too well but they kind of just accepted it. The church freaked out and said that pirates should be straight so they just kind of "forced" them to deal with women.
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@394395,satanburger] wow I didn't know that at all! Abrahamic religions... no surprise at all!
It just surprised me that even at a time when homosexuality was not allowed at all (1911) people didn't view this as a threat and nowadays people would freak out if a similar sketch was displayed somewhere!
BluntSm0ker · 26-30, M
Them Greeks copied Egyptian Deities & invented gayness smh.
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
Which one is Greek and which one is Cretan?
HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
[@23671,basilfawlty89] Cretan on the right and Greek on the left. Cretan traditional clothes don't include foustanela (the skirt) but vraka.

LGBT

Nowadays people get offended by Lacta commercials ... | LGBT | Similar Worlds